Lund Sport track brackets

F_ast

Hey guys,

Can anyone shoot me a pic of 2 of the sport trak brackets? I cant beleive how expensive there things are and looking to make a few myself.

One thing I am not use on (as I have never actually seen one on a boat before) is how they attach. I see from pics that they are a T shape to fit in the track, but how do they fit in and how do they stay in place?

I might end up with Lund brackets eventually, but how well do they hold up? any breakage issues? Can they take "muskie weight" rod holders?

Thanks

I use them to hold my portable radio... swinging cup holders and the very odd time for a rod holder to hold a still rod pickeral fishing with bait. Would I troll with them, or any plastic rod holder.. not with my $1000 rod/reel combos.

I highly suggest mounting some Bert or Traxstech http://www.traxstech.com/ channels and enjoying the endless possibilities with holders/mounts/rigger bases etc.

Edited by irishfield

I would not trust the lund sport track brackets with my muskie gear either, I did once, not again. The bottom plastic part that makes the tee broke while trolling with a small bait once, I was able to grab the rod before it went over. I now use traxtech ( http://www.traxstech.com/T-Bolt_Bracket.html ) with a Folbe rod holder ( http://www.folbe.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=2&products_id=51 ) . I use the rod holders on 12 inch trax and a manual downrigger on a 18 inch one. The boat I am using is a Lund 1625 rebel xl ss. If you have any questions let me know.

• 1 year later...

Well, that'd be an option with the plastic Lund brackets then too Terry. Use two or three to mount one track on and then slide and lock all three down. But again, even loading a few rods in holders off of that, I'd still be leary in the end.

I just drilled for Scottys as the mounts are small and stay under the cover.

You'll like this one of Andy flippin me off. lol. And, you can see what the brackets are actually getting used for. lol.

Autumn12-090P.jpg

I run dipsy setups off plastic Scotty holders. If a hot 30lb king can't rip them off, nothing will.

Or just catching bottom while trolling 5mph and the drags set to a two hand pull. Them Scottys will bend backwards before breaking. lol.

These cisco mounts are what I am considering of putting on my Lund. http://www.ciscofishingsystemsltd.com/shop/lund-mounts-5239

I am right now using the sport track mounts with Scotty powerlock rod holders, fishing for salmon. I have not yet experience any issue with the track mount or rod holder, yet... I do however notice some flex in the rod holder from the stress of pulling dipsy divers so I do tether my gear.

I run dipsy setups off plastic Scotty holders. If a hot 30lb king can't rip them off, nothing will.

Some musky guys run with really tight drags... My buddy had a Scotty ripped off his boat... Turns out his rod floated..., picked it up... 51" musky still on...

One thing I am not use on (as I have never actually seen one on a boat before) is how they attach. I see from pics that they are a T shape to fit in the track, but how do they fit in and how do they stay in place?

Edit: Just realized date on original post

Edited by Wolf 3

I added the Cisco mounts this year. two mounts are required with a 12" track. I use mine to support rod trees, but you can also buy a mount from Cisco that allows you to attach the Down East rod holder for trolling big musky baits. I also have the Lund brackets which are fine I suppose for most applications, I haven't broke one yet anyhow. I really like the Cisco system, it attaches in seconds and is easy to move. Also pictured are Traxtech rod trees which are great for running planer boards or just increasing your spread using long rods. .

Cisco mount1.jpg

• 9 months later...

X2

I use my Lund brackets with Scotty Orca rod holders for dipsey setups and musky trolling. Always braid.

Been snagged bad as well.

so far so good.

I don't have my drag snugged too tight, though

Had a customer this summer who lost a talora/tekota combo when a fish hit the dipsey and snapped the holder using a Scotty orca. Cannon tracks/rod holders are another option.

Operator Error IMHO. I use the Orcas for wire dipseys both port & stern. Hooked many big fish and never an issue when setup is adjusted correctly. Did have a guest accidently knock a combo out of a Canon rod holder though :( Edited by pikeslayer

Operator Error IMHO. I use the Orcas for wire dipseys both port & stern. Hooked many big fish and never an issue when setup is adjusted correctly. Did have a guest accidently knock a combo out of a Canon rod holder though :(

Haha funny you say that, my boss had someone knock one out of a Scotty power lock, bye bye 5 colour clarion setup. Guy still took his portion of the winnings from the tourney and didn't even offer to help replace it.

Did have a guest accidently knock a combo out of a Canon rod holder though :(

Don't know if it'd work in your set-up Simon with dipseys or cannonballs, but for trolling musky baits I made up some wire cables with clips to prevent my rods from going overboard.

I find 4' cables work well for me but others use different lengths.

047-1.jpg

I loop a wire between the reel and seat to attach one end.

049.jpg

The other end clips to the grab rail.

050.jpg