Hello, new here

Oryx

Good Day,

I just joined up and wanted to introduce myself

I have been enjoying the topics on the forums and some of the humour that is present. it is nice to see a laid back forum with a vast knowledge base.

A little bit about me.

Live in Pickering,

I Just bought my first boat, a little older, but new to me. :thumbsup_anim:

I love fishing, but am no good at it. I am originally from the Picton area and have NEVER fished the Bay of Quinte.

Looking forward to reading alot more posts and learning from others.

Cheers

J

Welcome to the board!! You will like it here...lots of knowledge for sure. If you get to know people, before you know it you'll have new fishing partners as well. I have met many on here who I now consider great friends and I have learned so much from them.

We like pictures...so if you have any...post them! Start out with your boat maybe!

Cliff

Thanks for the warm welcome.

I would love to post some pics of the boat, but it is sitting in storage until the 29th in Deseronto.

Until then, no fishing or boating for me. The boat itself is a 93' Fisher SV 3 SC. 17.5 ' with a 90hp Merc, 9.9 kicker, a craptacularly old motorguide trolling motor on the bow and the fishfinders make the pong game look like hi-def. It is fun though! And beats the hell out of shore fishing.

Thanks for the warm welcome.

I would love to post some pics of the boat, but it is sitting in storage until the 29th in Deseronto.

Until then, no fishing or boating for me. The boat itself is a 93' Fisher SV 3 SC. 17.5 ' with a 90hp Merc, 9.9 kicker, a craptacularly old motorguide trolling motor on the bow and the fishfinders make the pong game look like hi-def. It is fun though! And beats the hell out of shore fishing.

The fish don't know the difference. Sounds like a great boat and you'll have fun with it. Oh, and I have the same electronics on my boat! Next year I'll invest the $$ maybe $$$$ on a better unit.

Welcome aboard.

Nothing wrong with that vessel.Fisher is a good boat.

Thanks for the vote of confidence in the boat, As the interwebs have sweet nothing for information on them. The only thing I do know is that it was built by Brunswick (Mercury) and they sold the brand to Tracker (Bass Pro) in 1999.

Why is everyone being so welcoming????? The guy has to pay his dues first, don't you remember what it was like for you?!! Just because he sounds like everyone of us, "Not good at fishing, but I like it" and is able to turn a phrase very well, apparently, does not mean we should stand here with open arms and just let him into the group.

I have HAD it with guys who have a sense of humour being welcomed like this. Heck, it took YEARS for me to be accepted, (and I'm not sure if I am yet).

:tease::tease:

OH BTW - welcome to the board, you gonna fit right in! I LOVE the PONG line - classic!

The best piece of advice I have ever heard regarding fishing - "If your hooks not in the water, you're not gonna catch a thing"

Good luck and have fun here. :thumbsup_anim: