RE: Grand River Hospital

Moved to the Cancer Floor today at 16:10, 3 tests scheduled between Thursday & Friday, 1st face to face with the Cancer Doctor tomorrow afternoon to dicuss my treatment options, that could start as earlly as Saturday & I'm telling them I want to get the Hell out of here & go fishing with my Granddaughters MAYBE as soon as next weekend,

Thanx for the best wishes Tight Lines catch them while you can Cause I'm hoping to be catching them all with my Grand daughters when I get out of here

Richard fish.giffish.gif

Moved to the Cancer Floor today at 16:10, 3 tests scheduled between Thursday & Friday, 1st face to face with the Cancer Doctor tomorrow afternoon to dicuss my treatment options, that could start as earlly as Saturday & I'm telling them I want to get the Hell out of here & go fishing with my Granddaughters MAYBE as soon as next weekend,

Thanx for the best wishes Tight Lines catch them while you can Cause I'm hoping to be catching them all with my Grand daughters when I get out of here

Richard fish.giffish.gif

That's the spirit Richard.

Prayers from my family to yours.

Sincerely

BTW Richard, if you're there for anytime.. try to spice the place up a bit to your liking. A bit of stickum is all that's needed to "pretty" the place up. Also pay attention to Jen's poster center right !

Jencards.jpg

Edited by irishfield

Dr's report, 2 tests tomorrow, Saturday Jul 30, the Treatment will start, Chemo concoction, every three weeks Aug 22, Sept 12 and so on for 6 treatments, after 3 treatments they will rescan my body & do the next 3 treatments & rescan my body, check & see what has happened & either continue follow up or possibly try something else, to be detirmined by Test & Scan results, I could be very Sick or handle it fine everybody is different, Deal with things as they turn up, if the treatment goes good on Saturday & I tolerate it OK over the Weekend the Dr will deside on Tuesday if I can go home & start out patients treatment or they have to make a few changes to my Meds & then send me home, either way I'll be out fishing somewere in the Grey/Bruce area it sounds like next week, but I might have to tell Barb I'm just going to the Cozy, so maybe no pictures for the 1st few trips lol

SBK

Best wishes Richard

As Wayne mentioned, a good sense of humor will get you through a lot of it. Also never take your eyes off the prize of fishing with the granddaughters. You'll do great :)

Test over for the day, I guess there is one more Tuesday afternoon Tomorrow will be 2 weeks in this hospital & I'm getting moved to my 8th room later tonight, I thought i was here to get a rest , guess not better start packing off to 6b4, just got settled in, bigger room, nicer chairs, fan, & my own huge Washroom, Shower Sweet

SBK

Edited by spinnerbaitking

Well Richard, depending on where you are in the city, Ugly shirt friday's may live on :unsure: if you are interested?

It was a good break for the O'Shea's to get away from the hospital while they were there. And even though I don't know you I'm willing to offer my time to help you escape from what you are going through and talk fishing or anything else you want to talk about. I'm at the Bay and Richmond area so if you are close let me know.

Next week I'm not downtown so we would have to work someting out later on if you like. PM me if interested. I'm sure I can find an 'ugly shirt' for you some where too. ;)

Be strong and think of the good things to come, cheers.

Geoff

*edit* man o man I'm having a heck of a day for the past 2 days... :wallbash: I just now noticed the hospital you are at. :wallbash: Feel free to drop me a PM if you like and I can give you my office number when I'm back down there so you have someone to talk fishing too.

Edited by GBW

Well Richard, depending on where you are in the city, Ugly shirt friday's may live on :unsure: if you are interested?

It was a good break for the O'Shea's to get away from the hospital while they were there. And even though I don't know you I'm willing to offer my time to help you escape from what you are going through and talk fishing or anything else you want to talk about. I'm at the Bay and Richmond area so if you are close let me know.

Next week I'm not downtown so we would have to work someting out later on if you like. PM me if interested. I'm sure I can find an 'ugly shirt' for you some where too. ;)

Be strong and think of the good things to come, cheers.

Geoff

*edit* man o man I'm having a heck of a day for the past 2 days... :wallbash: I just now noticed the hospital you are at. :wallbash: Feel free to drop me a PM if you like and I can give you my office number when I'm back down there so you have someone to talk fishing too.

And that is what OFC is all about. :good:

Edited by splashhopper

Thanx Guys & Girls

I have had company even when I let it known that I don't expect someone to be here all the time, how am I supposed to surf the Internet, watch the TV, follow the fishing Forums, read my Fishing magazines that everyone is bringing, & stop the stupid Rumours on Facebook that have me half dead at home lol

Tight Lines everybody & thanx for everything SBK

PS: this is how you explain extended family great place to be on Ontario Fishing Community, now I need to be able to make it to a G2G

Hey Guys

Finally got Breakfast now the 1st nurse quit trying to get my Iv in & just left for back up, it's always something, 3 needles so far this morning & waiting, I might need Pizza after this lol

This has happened today so far, 4th nurse & 6th try before IV went in & their saying I'm likely going to be getting a central line, pay back is a bugger, my son needed one for years for his treatmet which started 23.5hrs ago, at least it sounds like it'll be in my elbow not my chest lol, Started chemo at noon so about half way through it now & just a little tired so far, dosing a bit,

Just requested a song on the Bull if they play it Crazy bugger Buck Cherry

My wife arrived at 12:45ish, we have my daughter & grand daughters at home so I told her not to rush down forthe start of the chemo & she listened lol

Thanx for all the support helps like crazy guys

RichardGonefishing.gifGonefishing.gif

Chemo is finished 17:30 5.5 hrs instead of 6 to 8 hrs, so far so good no reaction or ill feelings, dozed off for about 1.5 hrs after Barb got here then back awake, just had Spegetti & Meat balls for supper ready to take on the night, My son Bill just left from a 2 hr visit & had the Bass Cam on from Evan Williams Bourbon All-Star Championship all afternoon, Wounded Warriors weigh in, Then to the Championship weigh in Edwin Evers/Ott Defoe in it head to head for $100,000 Tomorrow, http://www.bassmaster.com/ hope it's OK to post for interested Bass Fisherman

SBK