how to keep cool on boat

skinny

I fastened a piece of PVC plumbing pipe to a platform/box I have for the gas tank, slip a cheap beach umbrella into it and there ya go, instant shade and coolness. Wife loves it! Works fine as long as it's not too windy and the boat is either achored, drifting or trolling. Neat thing is that the shade moves around as the boat moves about giving the bow passenger and the tiller a chance at some shade.

That's what I do when I know it's going to rain during a camping trip. Just have to watch out for gusts of wind.

2-1.jpg

Pretty Ugly..

Edited by N.A.W

How to keep cool on the boat you ask ?

You simply go fishing when it's not so hot outside. ;)

I open a beach umbrella while trolling. Hold it in one hand and steer with the other.

That way I can tilt the umbrella as the boat turns to block the sun. If I get a hit or need to change baits, etc, I simply close the umbrella and lay it down, out of the way (2 seconds)

I also have some cup holders that can be popped out and insert the umbrella.

Only drawback is wind. Enough of a breeze will make it hard to keep the umbrella steady.

I also use a wide brimmed hat and sometimes tuck a rag under it to protect my neck and face.

Just bring your bathing suit Skinny!!! Things get too hot in the afternoon, we're swimming!!!

After all this is about raising money, and, having fun. It isn't a tournament :)

Five days left!

Yep agreed, just bring a cooler & go for a dip if you get too hot. You'll dry in no time anyway.

Go to the dollar store and get some empty spray bottles. Fill them with tap water and keep them in the fridge and then put them in the cooler with your drinks when you go. Spray yourself whenever you need to, head to toe, and you'll stay pretty cool.

You can also take off your shirt, soak it in the water, then put it back on.

Kind of like basting a turkey laugh.gif Will definitely cool you down, but make sure you keep the sunscreen going.