Identifying the " Vancouver Terrorists"?

express168

What a dummy. I hope justice is served, however I do find it a bit odd when people find satisfaction in the idea of a person being the victim of anal rape in prison. Almost like it is part of the just punishment. Odd. I personally have never thought of anal rape as a sound punishment for any crime. What a strange dynamic of humanity.

Anyways, I hope they get what they deserve and I hope the salvageable ones learn their lesson.

Just so you know, I was not talking of the people here necessarily. I was clever enough to pick up on the fact that it was a joke. I was more thinking of the people I have come across in the past that were serious.

Edit: Spelling

Edited by Grimace

The majority of these rioters were young middle class males with some punks thrown in.

People said they were trapped by police and pushed into the riotous crowd by them.

Sort of G20 type police tactics caught a lot of people and pushed them into crowd.

Saw a couple on television mentioning how they were pushed and beaten by police when they were trying to leave area in fear.

A video showed them being roughed up by police but the picture of after when the male tried to comfort scared and still on ground gf became famous.

riot.jpg

Lots of misunderstanding going on.

No doubt male youth were taking advantage of the situation.

at 17, as a young offender, isn't it illegal to post his name and picture and such?

In the article it says he has been identified by people on Facebook, and he will be turning himself in. He has not been charged by the police and the police did not release his name so there is no violation of the Young Offenders Act. These damn social media sites, be careful kids they may come back and bite you some time.

I'm sorry guys, teenagers do stupid things sometimes, I know I pulled a few when I was a kid and it was only luck that I didn't end up in trouble or dead. This kid did something really stupid, and while I agree he should be punished for what he did, I don't think it fitting that the rest of his life be ruined for it.

As for blaiming his parents: If you have ever tried to raise a teenager you'll know that you have next to no control over them. Hit them, you go to jail. You can't even yell at them, that is verbal abuse.

If you want to blame someone, blame the system that has taken "Failed" out of our schools. Blame the system that suspends two kids because they tried to settle a dispute with a good old fassion punching match. Blame the system that took the lords prayer, our national anthem, and teachers control out of our schools. Sure some of these kids make stupid mistakes and decisions. That is why they are called "kids" not adults!

Punish the kid; YES, crusify him; NO!

His father said the photo is misleading.

-Cop Car

-Open Gas Tank

-Rag

-Open Flame

Yep, a good kid you got there. That photo is misleading.

As the saying goes "The fruit doesn't fall far from the tree"

Rob C

As the saying goes "The fruit doesn't fall far from the tree"

Rob C

The father is a surgeon! Hardly an un educated, irresponsible trouble maker! Have you never made a stupid mistake and if you did, would it be your fathers fault?

His father said the photo is misleading.

-Cop Car

-Open Gas Tank

-Rag

-Open Flame

Yep, a good kid you got there. That photo is misleading.

Wonder what dear old dad thinks of the video of his son trying to light the rag in the gas tank, and when that doesn't work, he takes the flaming rag and throws it into the cop car.

Having said that, I know there were times that my father defended me to the very end outside of our house :angel: , but he kicked my butt inside of it :stretcher: .

Though it was nothing like attempting to set fire to a cop car

I'm sorry guys, teenagers do stupid things sometimes, I know I pulled a few when I was a kid and it was only luck that I didn't end up in trouble or dead. This kid did something really stupid, and while I agree he should be punished for what he did, I don't think it fitting that the rest of his life be ruined for it.

As for blaiming his parents: If you have ever tried to raise a teenager you'll know that you have next to no control over them. Hit them, you go to jail. You can't even yell at them, that is verbal abuse.

If you want to blame someone, blame the system that has taken "Failed" out of our schools. Blame the system that suspends two kids because they tried to settle a dispute with a good old fassion punching match. Blame the system that took the lords prayer, our national anthem, and teachers control out of our schools. Sure some of these kids make stupid mistakes and decisions. That is why they are called "kids" not adults!

Sorry Cliff, I respectfully don't agree with you. This kid is in a private school in Vancouver, comes from a very well-to-do family and he has had opportunities that most kids never get. He made a decision that night to set fire to a police car, that is not stupidity, its a complete lack of respect for everything and he only acts contrite now because he got caught. These people didn't care that they were being filmed and photographed. He deserves all he gets. He was given a start in life and opportunities that set him up for a very successful life and he still chose to behave in this disgusting manner. Tens of thousands of other people walked away, he chose to stay and participate. Its his fault, certainly not his parents. I do agree something is going very wrong with children nowadays, they think they can do what they want without consequences. Even more reason to make an example of this idiot. People do make stupid mistakes, but setting fire to a police car does not fall into that category, its way beyond that.

The father is a surgeon! Hardly an un educated, irresponsible trouble maker! Have you never made a stupid mistake and if you did, would it be your fathers fault?

Children behaviors (and I still say he is a child as he is under 18) are generally reflected from their up bringing. I have always raised my girls to be respectful and polite, and to always treat others property better than you would treat your own. Just because his father was a well educated surgeon, does not mean he was a good parent. Respect is taught, and what that picture shows is complete disrespect for others property. Kids will always push the limits to see what they can get away with, we need to be the parents and adults and set those limits so that we don't end up with situations like what happened on Wednesday. We have all made mistakes and life, but I have never intentionally gone out of my way to make the lives of others miserable and costly.

Rob C

You Play With Fire You Will Get Burned

I say melt him. Whats a cop car worth 130,000, he should be paying for that. End of story freaking little puke!!!!! :wallbash:

Edited by BITEME.Esq