First Simcoe Whitie Report

young_one

As many of you know I'm super jet lagged from my recent trip to China, I decided to take advantage of my 3AM wakeup schedule. Went fishing with fellow member Kevin, the forecast was calling for 25km winds and light shower. A bumpy ride to our spot and the bite was on fire starting 8-9ish, at the peak period I had missed multiple consecutive bites within seconds. My 30LB byers anchor really held nicely, but a pain in the @ss to pulled it backup for my anchor boy.

IMG_0701.jpg

Depth: 75~80 FOW

Lure: William 1/2, Bad Boy, Jigging Raps

Colour: Anything green!

Weather: Overcast

Surface Temperature: ~41F

Notes: Saw quite a few dying smelt on the surface.

IMG_0704.jpg

IMG_0705.jpg

To my surprise we didn't see anyone jig up a Laker, I had my trolling stuff ready but didn't want to give up the hot whitie bite.

IMG_0696.jpg

IMG_0698.jpg

IMG_0699.jpg

IMG_0700.jpg

IMG_0706.jpg

I've always had good luck with William W60 Silver Electric Blue, behind a dipsy diver. The live-forage Smelt looks real good to match the hatch.

Anyone has recommendation for laker trolling lures?

IMG_0693.jpg

We had over a dozen fish landed and many lost!

IMG_0715.jpg

IMG_0718.jpg

Edited by young_one

Anyone has recommendation for laker trolling lures?

Silver Fox flutter spoons.Assortment of colours. Ones that worked for me were the Orange prizm on Silver,light blue aswell. Watermellon is a good go to also. Expect alot of herring hook ups.Crazy things will hit anything.1.2-1.5 mph

I cant see the pics,but great report. If I get my tuck back by the weeked,I,ll be heading over that way.

Well done boys!

That looks like Sibalds launch. I heard they were doing some work on it, how is the luanch?

Maybe I missed any changes to the ramp, but I know for sure they made the dock much nicer with new planks and heavy duty cleats.

Edited by young_one

NICE catch.....love seeing whitefish caught....I have only caught one myself and just LOVE the taste of smoked whitefish.

GREAT fishing report....lots of info to help others get out and fish without pointing out your honey hole....very well done.

Now how are you going to enjoy those whitefish ??? Baked, broiled, fried or smoked ???

Bob