Bunk trailer Launching

barrystrs

I have a new to me nitro bass boat, that seems to be a lot heavier than I am used to. One of the places I like to launch has a very shallow ramp. I won't be able to push the boat off the trailer. Has anyone added rollers to a bunk trailer? I have an idea in mind to use a threaded rod to raise a couple of centre rollers just when I need them. Any comments or suggestions? Thaks Barry

Their is a product called liquid roller it is the greatest product made for launching a boat. I can not emphasize how slick this is it will dump your boat off the bunks on to the ramp without being wet. Always leave your strap or chain on till you are in place I kid you not. I saw two boats last year hit the ramp because of how effective this product is. The best part of it is your boat is supported fully on the boards of the trailer instead of on pressure spots were the glid-sticks (minor) or rollers (major)come in contact.

Art

Do any of you guys remember making fun at how I launch my boat (for over 25 years now)......well guess what...I have NO PROBLEM launching or retrieving my boat in shallow water conditions or deep water conditions... :whistling:

ChautauquaLakeatFloodStage4-27-11003.jpg

Notice how high and dry the trailer is.....I do like to go just a bit deeper but I didn't want to get my feet wet... ;)

Their is a product called liquid roller it is the greatest product made for launching a boat. I can not emphasize how slick this is it will dump your boat off the bunks on to the ramp without being wet. Always leave your strap or chain on till you are in place I kid you not. I saw two boats last year hit the ramp because of how effective this product is. The best part of it is your boat is supported fully on the boards of the trailer instead of on pressure spots were the glid-sticks (minor) or rollers (major)come in contact.

Art

Edited by mikdor

Do any of you guys remember making fun at how I launch my boat (for over 25 years now)......

C'mon Bob, we haven't been making fun of you for 25 years...(yet). :D

Were Would I find this Liquid roller and is it harmful to the environment or the boat. Sounds very interesting.Thanks mikdor

Here is a link for the product.

liquid roller link

msds link

I know that it stays were you put it on the rails for at least one season so far and their is no visible signs that it is released like an oil shine on the water. The boat shows no signs from the product and it does not attract dirt or dust to scratch the finish. If you don't want to order from the USA you can google the company name or product name from the link and get it locally I am sure.

Art

liquid roller link

msds link

I know that it stays were you put it on the rails for at least one season so far and their is no visible signs that it is released like an oil shine on the water. The boat shows no signs from the product and it does not attract dirt or dust to scratch the finish. If you don't want to order from the USA you can google the company name or product name from the link and get it locally I am sure.

Art

Looks like a idea product....one other option I have been doing for years is get a can of silicone spray and use the whole can on the bunks once a year...sometimes you can get a can for about $2 on sale.

liquid roller link

msds link

Art

Liiquid roller sounds good. Go to the MSDS link that was also posted for list of contents, interesting.

Not much different than the MSDS for many of your common household products.

The advantage that this product has over using a silicone based product is it does not attract dirt or dust. It dries with out residue. If their is a product that can mimic it it is Scotchgard water proofing spray. Since they are the same price about best to stay with the original since it won't stain the fiberglass or react with the gel coating.

Jer While the propellant and the carry agents are present in most oil penetrating fluids it is not similar in the important area of actual active ingredients. You should never read the MSDS sheet as a way to find a substitute the same ingredients combined in different ratios can yield either liquid fertilizer or a bomb. :)

Art

Do any of you guys remember making fun at how I launch my boat (for over 25 years now)......well guess what...I have NO PROBLEM launching or retrieving my boat in shallow water conditions or deep water conditions... whistling.gif

ChautauquaLakeatFloodStage4-27-11003.jpg

Notice how high and dry the trailer is.....I do like to go just a bit deeper but I didn't want to get my feet wet... wink.gif

True enough Bob, but not everyone has your secret loading and unloading weapon that you keep so stealthily hid under that sweatshirt muscle_man.jpg