Attawapiskat May 21-28

Oh Boy! this is the number 1 spot on my bucket list. I've got locked out from holidays at work from April to October as a new computer system is going in live for Sept 1. Wife is miffed as it means no summer plans can be made. Plus I just dropped a boatload getting the foundation dug up and waterproofed.

Have a great time guys! Be sure to take lots of pictures. For fun I just might pretend I'm going and pack up a tackle bag with several rod and reel combos. Now where did I put those Johnson spoons, bucktails and swimbaits

Solo, Grimsby tackle had some very cool large plastic baits in bulk when I was there last. All I thought was big pike way up north. I had to buy a bag of 8" white sassy shads.

Very jealous guys - enjoy

Solo, Grimsby tackle had some very cool large plastic baits in bulk when I was there last. All I thought was big pike way up north. I had to buy a bag of 8" white sassy shads.

It's a damn shame you can't swing the time off!

Seems to be a common theme although I'm sure the short notice doesn't help.

Thanks for the heads up on the plastic baits.

I'm good though. I've been tweaking, tinkering and accumulating gear for this trip since last September LOL!

Don't think I've ever been quite as ready for a trip as I am for this one.

I still wouldn't want to be booked for a lake, opening week north of Nakina/ Armstrong, anxiously watching forcasts and sattelite images

like solopaddler said, the big rivers will be fine though and could be a post spawn, pike feeding frenzy

Seems to be a common theme although I'm sure the short notice doesn't help.

Never knowing that people would fall out of a trip, it actually pays if you can wait sometimes Mike, as things do happen. Examples being, I remember when you asked me if I wanted to go and the price was $1500... now there's a deal at $1200. Had I known then... or last year, Eddie offered up some last minute specials for OFC'ers at a great rate too...

It's the Skat people... good price offered and so loaded a pike fishery that even if they're on the spawn they'll be scarfing down your bucktail cheeseburgers while giving birth to millions of future trophy toothies. And, if you've never had a quality Solo meal, I'm sure you'll be treated to awesome all week. Sign on up!

Never knowing that people would fall out of a trip, it actually pays if you can wait sometimes Mike, as things do happen. Examples being, I remember when you asked me if I wanted to go and the price was $1500... now there's a deal at $1200. Had I known then... or last year, Eddie offered up some last minute specials for OFC'ers at a great rate too...

Drew it's always been a hassle at least for me getting anyone to commit to a fly in, nevermind a group of 6.

Most people once they're committed aren't going to drop out.

Most outfitters Eddie included require a deposit to hold a booking.

So waiting in the hopes that someone might be able to make it is not a good idea.

Wish you were coming, we'd have a blast.

I hear ya Mike. Totally! You and I should team up sometime, take on a place and see if we can get a dozen. Imagine the stress. lol.

Will hopefully join ya one of these days, you know where I'd be happiest to do that.

Rick... looking like August. Main Lodge and Tree again. Boss' orders.