• Vancouver Canucks
    • San Jose Sharks
    • Detroit Red Wings
    • Anaheim Ducks
    • Nashville Predators
    • Phoenix Coyotes
    • L.A. Kings
    • Chicago Blackhawks

Chicago just barely made it in this year but don't count them out too early....anyway, my vote goes to Washington, I think they will have a different approach to the playoffs this year and will play more balanced hockey. They had two years of disapointment and have matured because of it.

My head says washington, my heart says Phoenix. Go Coyotes!thumbsup_anim.gif

Go playoffs!thumbsup_anim.gif

Guest ThisPlaceSucks

At this point I i'll say either Vancouver, Anaheim, Boston or Philly will be in the SC finals.

Vancouver has the best team by far "on paper" but that seldom means anything once the real hockey season begins.

after last year boston all the way

Thats who Im picking aswell.Bruins

Pens will be out earlly.

Vancouver will be the be shocker, out by third round.

Lets see what happens with Phinoex. They maybe the biggest surprise. A team that can play with little fan support and be that strong.Going to be interesting.

I think the Canucks can and will beat any team they face. I just don't see them losing 4 of 7 to any team.

I'll bold my round 1 winners:

Eastern Conference

Washington Capitals (1) vs New York Rangers (8)

Philadelphia Flyers (2) vs Buffalo Sabres (7)

Boston Bruins (3) vs Montreal Canadiens (6)

Pittsburgh Penguins (4) vs Tampa Bay Lightning (5)

Western Conference

Vancouver Canucks (1) vs Chicago Blackhawks (8)

San Jose Sharks (2) vs Los Angeles Kings (7)

Detroit Red Wings (3) vs Phoenix Coyotes (6)

Anaheim Ducks (4) vs Nashville Predators (5)

Philly has played horrible the last 6 weeks while the Sabres has been playing playoff hockey for quite some time finishing the year on a 4 game win streak and 8 of last 10. I think there's an upset in the making there.

Especially with Philly's unproven goalie compared to Miller's brilliance.

I can't believe Phoenix is stuck against detroit AGAIN this year! It seems to happen all too often when Phoenix actully makes the post-season. Detroit sure has their number in playoffs series. I'll be throttling the couch arms this year again.

Philly has played horrible the last 6 weeks while the Sabres has been playing playoff hockey for quite some time finishing the year on a 4 game win streak and 8 of last 10. I think there's an upset in the making there.

Yeah theyve been stinking it up as of late (philly). So i hope your right.

However, i believe pronger will be back for game one and Im sure philly will be amping their game back up to playoff levels by the time game one is under way.

As far as Miller.......hes had a bumpy year and been far from brilliant. Dont be surprised to see a little guy named enroth between the pipes if things dont go well with miller in net. Enroth helped us finish out our year going like 8-2-2 and a few of those games were high pressure division opponents we were chasing or treading water to stay above in the playoff race. Big time games that he won for us and looked cool as a cucumber in millers absence.

I think the Canucks can and will beat any team they face. I just don't see them losing 4 of 7 to any team.

Yes I agree completely. There is something very different about the Canucks this year, they never quit and have an unbelievable offense and defense. Did anyone see Kesler's goal against Calgary the other night, bloody hell, who can defend against that.

I think they will have Chicago in 5 games. Its not much of a match up.