Lund tyee 1950on a sinxle axle trailer

moemoe

Hey guys, looking for some info, opinions, I was interested in a 2004 lund tyee 1950 from the US, I was going to drive down this weekend to have look, the motor is a 225 yamaha, as well as kicker, the issue is that trailer is only a single anxle and If purchased would driving approx 16hours to pick it up, Would a single axle carry the weight? Should I be worried?

I had a 19ft glass bass boat DC with a 150 on a single and it was more then fine

is it what it is sitting on

or is it what you want to take down there to put it on

cause if it is what it is sitting on it, you would think it would be ok....1 hr drive or 16 hrs I don't see much difference

I just googled Lund Tyee 1950. Clicked on images and all the pictures on a trailer show dual axle. I know that doesn't tell you for sure if a single can pull it off but it would certainly suggest that a dual axle would be optimum.

As others have stated, find out the weight of the boat and then see if the seller can tell you the size of axle on the trailer. If the boat weighs 4000 lbs for an example, the axle under the trailer should be 7000 lb rating. This will give you the buffer for added gear, fuel, etc.

The guy I bought my new Minnkota off took it off his Tyee 1950 and his boat was on a single axle trailer and he towed it from Ontario to YK. If it is the original that came with the boat package you'll be ok. I would be repcaking the bearings before starting the journey home though. You really don't know their condition until you pull the hubs so do that at least.

When I bought the new Skeeter 2 years ago it came on an excellent custom trailer manufactured by EZ Loader. It's got a swing away tongue, torsion axle, surge brakes, LED lights and the upgraded aluminum wheels.

Only problem is, it's a single axle and with my heavy glass boat I just never really felt comfortable with it. The boat certainly falls within the load range of the trailer but I just wasn't happy with it.

Today, I ordered a new traler with tandem axles and I'm now gonna feel much more comfortable on the long hiway trips I take several times a year hauling the boat. Again it's gonna be custom built to fit my hull exactly and has the same features as the single axle, with swing away tongue, surge disc brakes and upgraded wheels, but it's also gonna be painted to match the boat including pin striping.

I'll get it in about 4 weeks and should enjoy the long trips much better now knowing I've got nearly twice the carrying capacity under the boat, plus if a tire blows it'll be much more stabil until I get it stopped.

Here's the current single axle.

Cnv1001.jpg