What a difference a day makes!

Big Cliff

Yesterday there was no open water out in front of our place, in fact I was out fishing on 10" of ice on Sunday, today there is plenty of open water and the ice is going faster than I have ever seen it go out. There is still some ice in Goose Bay but at this rate there won't be any ice visible by the weekend. Can you say marine railway getting hoocked up, docks repaired and open water fishing within 10 days! :thumbsup_anim:

Well, I might be a little optimistic here but I am hoping (weather permitting) for the 16th I'll have to see once the ice is out if the marine railway was gamaged by the ice but as long as it stood up OK then we should be good to go.

I do know I have to do some repairs to the dock before it can go back in, with them raising and lowering the water after freeze up it did some damage but nothing an hour or two and a few wood screws won't fix.

Oh, and Jigs dinner it is LOL

hey cliff i waqs right by your house on sunday took a drive,and yes the ice is going fast i predicted the 9th about 3 weeks ago,so it looks like im gonna be right on the money we have a few open spots by us in thurstonia,but its thinning quick,also seen lots of walleyes spawning at the dam in lindsay!!! wont be long now and the crappies will be waiting for me...see ya on the water in a week or so cheers shawn

Sure glad Im not the only guy that dosent use spell check.LOL :jerry:

So what yer saying Cliff is,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Theres salt beef jigs dinner,for those that will come out to put the dock out for ya? :tease:

Is this the same as Corned Beef ???

• 2 weeks later...

No my friend, with that wind and rain we didn't even bother trying. Might try to do it on Friday if the weather holds.

Cliff

Dam Cliff if you are going to do it on Friday I won't be able to make it got Family coming over for Easter dinner because my Daughter has to work all weekend at the Nursing home she works at so she can be with the one's that don't have family that visit :angry: Man I hope that never happens to me :angel:

ok Cliff,

friday is set aside for you.

what time do you want me up there?

I will bring the waders up too. :thumbsup_anim:

Skeeter, if you can make it we'd love to have you but please don't make a special trip up here just for that.

We have pikeslayer, his son, and a college buddy coming to help. If all goes well it should only take about an hour or two.

Thank you so much!

Dam Cliff if you are going to do it on Friday I won't be able to make it got Family coming over for Easter dinner because my Daughter has to work all weekend at the Nursing home she works at so she can be with the one's that don't have family that visit :angry: Man I hope that never happens to me :angel:

My friend, don't worry about it! While I'd love to see you again I totally understand. God bless your daughter, I'm sure she will be a comfort to those who's family can't be there with them.

Cliff

Skeeter, if you can make it we'd love to have you but please don't make a special trip up here just for that.

We have pikeslayer, his son, and a college buddy coming to help. If all goes well it should only take about an hour or two.

Thank you so much!

My friend, don't worry about it! While I'd love to see you again I totally understand. God bless your daughter, I'm sure she will be a comfort to those who's family can't be there with them.

Cliff

Cliff, Diane is the person I have to thank for the up bringing of the kids.. I was on the road so much and she was the one that was at home and also running our other business while I was out there making a living for the family. She's the Boss...Don't tell her I said that :tease::rofl2::oops: