Steelheading The Last Few Days

solopaddler

Fished all over the map recently fishing Wed, Fri and Sat last week. From 3 hours north to 2 hours south in waters ranging from muddy to glass water clear.

Fish were caught in good numbers everywhere. They're on the prod right now, get out if you can!

Here's a handful of the best pic's:

March2011Steelhead093.jpg

March2011Steelhead082.jpg

March2011Steelhead094.jpg

IMG_4240.jpg

IMG_4234.jpg

IMG_4228.jpg

April2011Steelhead017.jpg

April2011Steelhead014.jpg

April2011Steelhead007.jpg

April2011Steelhead001.jpg

Cheers

Edited by solopaddler

Beautiful fish Mike.

A lot of dropbacks?

I notice you dunk your reel in the water quite a lot.

With my old Islander, I found that whenever it was submerged, it would spin poorly afterwards.

I guess maybe the water I've been fishing had too much sediment in it.

I try my best to keep my reel out of the water now.

Beautiful fish Mike.

A lot of dropbacks?

I notice you dunk your reel in the water quite a lot.

With my old Islander, I found that whenever it was submerged, it would spin poorly afterwards.

I guess maybe the water I've been fishing had too much sediment in it.

I try my best to keep my reel out of the water now.

A mix of dropbacks and loose fish actually. Havn't seen a tight fish in a while.

Yeah I definitely don't baby my equipment. It gets clogged with grit all the time. Assuming it's not below zero a quick dunk and spin in the river takes care of it.

So many guys lay their reel down on a velvet pillow streamside, makes me laugh. :lol:

Nice fish.......I don't usually fish steelies but I was going to go today to a spot only a couple miles from my house...that was until we got all the rain last night...LOL....oh well, Chautauqua Lake should be iced out in by the end of the week....crappies at better eats...:)

Again, NICE FISH

Bob

Nice fish.......I don't usually fish steelies but I was going to go today to a spot only a couple miles from my house...that was until we got all the rain last night...LOL....oh well, Chautauqua Lake should be iced out in by the end of the week....crappies at better eats...:)

Again, NICE FISH

Bob

Bob, there are a few rivers around you that fish REALLY well after a rain. Next time you think it's going to blow out, at least go down and take a look. You might be surprised :)

Bob, there are a few rivers around you that fish REALLY well after a rain. Next time you think it's going to blow out, at least go down and take a look. You might be surprised :)

Bill, your probably right.....it's just not my thing as much as boat fishing...and when I was a kid stream fishing is all I ever did...go figure... :rolleyes:

Again, NICE FISH

Bob

once a worm dunker...always a worm dunker

I don't get it is it normal for pinners to stuff $500 reels $ $500 rods under water to get a pic, I see so many posts of use guys shoving your reels underwater or in the sand, I use a spinning reel stradic, wiskers and such and I would never think of it hitting the sand. In fact I'd rather drop a fish then let it get screwed in the sand, yet pinners have no problem droping $500 in the river for a pic , I don't get it, to each his own

I don't get it is it normal for pinners to stuff $500 reels $ $500 rods under water to get a pic, I see so many posts of use guys shoving your reels underwater or in the sand, I use a spinning reel stradic, wiskers and such and I would never think of it hitting the sand. In fact I'd rather drop a fish then let it get screwed in the sand, yet pinners have no problem droping $500 in the river for a pic , I don't get it, to each his own

Don't think about it too hard, you'll hurt your head.

There's a lot less to get messed up on a pin than there is a baitcaster or spinning reel.

Heck it's a back, pin, spool and a couple of bearings. Just dip it under water and give it a spin and any grit is gone. As for the rod the worst that could happen is the wood on the reel seat could temporarily swell and make it difficult to remove the reel until it dries out.

Jeebas man it's not made of sugar you know. :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2:

There's a lot less to get messed up on a pin than there is a baitcaster or spinning reel.

Heck it's a back, pin, spool and a couple of bearings. Just dip it under water and give it a spin and any grit is gone. As for the rod the worst that could happen is the wood on the reel seat could temporarily swell and make it difficult to remove the reel until it dries out.

Jeebas man it's not made of sugar you know. :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2:

Good answer...hey I'm not a pinner, I'm still an ole style bottom bouncer( lost art I might add), but I still can't see me droping a $300 reel in the sand, perhaps and probably because I don't fish one. I appologise to all the pinners who drop there crap in the river hahahahahaha

Good answer...hey I'm not a pinner, I'm still an ole style bottom bouncer( lost art I might add), but I still can't see me droping a $300 reel in the sand, perhaps and probably because I don't fish one. I appologise to all the pinners who drop there crap in the river hahahahahaha

The only thing you need to apologise for is using the word "pinner".

Every time I hear it I barf in my mouth a little bit.

Don't think about it too hard, you'll hurt your head.

Hey Solo I think your a great angler and enjoy your posts, from steelheading to up in the wilds fishing you are holding down a family and living the dream. Don't change a thing my friend, I just wanted to coment on the pin thing, but I would still personally like to say your doing alright my friend, 2 thumbs up.It may not mean much but, from your posts and such your doing alright big time. Don't change a thing and I hope you intrust alittle of that solo into your sweet kids, that will be a blessing to our world !!!!! feel free to drown your pin in any steelhead stream hahahah

Hey Solo I think your a great angler and enjoy your posts, from steelheading to up in the wilds fishing you are holding down a family and living the dream. Don't change a thing my friend, I just wanted to coment on the pin thing, but I would still personally like to say your doing alright my friend, 2 thumbs up.It may not mean much but, from your posts and such your doing alright big time. Don't change a thing and I hope you intrust alittle of that solo into your sweet kids, that will be a blessing to our world !!!!! feel free to drown your pin in any steelhead stream hahahah

Dude you're doing it again. Pin is just a short form of pinner.

:lol: