Steelheading The Last Few Days

solopaddler

A mix of dropbacks and loose fish actually. Havn't seen a tight fish in a while.

Yeah I definitely don't baby my equipment. It gets clogged with grit all the time. Assuming it's not below zero a quick dunk and spin in the river takes care of it.

So many guys lay their reel down on a velvet pillow streamside, makes me laugh. :lol:

awesome mike, funny i had this conversation with a friend and i have always taken the same aproach as you, if i bought them they are gonna be put to the test.... even more if i made them :P

i know people with sticks not even seing a reel on it.same with reels never being spooled with line

Edited by spinnerdoc

I don't get it is it normal for pinners to stuff $500 reels $ $500 rods under water to get a pic, I see so many posts of use guys shoving your reels underwater or in the sand, I use a spinning reel stradic, wiskers and such and I would never think of it hitting the sand. In fact I'd rather drop a fish then let it get screwed in the sand, yet pinners have no problem droping $500 in the river for a pic , I don't get it, to each his own

well what i dont get is paying that much and letting gather dust or baby it too much. imo it's a waste to pay so and so money if the reels fishes you instead of you fishing the reel

3 FOR 4 today at port D 1 steelhie 2 browns drop bounced all the fish, drop bouncing means you bottom bounce traditionally but open your bail to hit the fish you think are stacked up. No fished were got except for mine, drop bouncing, so hey you guys think you got it figured out you don't know squat, come on down to port D and let some one learn you. hahhahhaha

Don't matter on OFC about fish'in techiques and such this board gets more hits on the latest CBC news and bull crap stats......is it possible for the keepers to maybe bring it back to FISHING....IT'S A FISHING SITE not a hug me/ I love you site....is it all possible to get member's into fishing and slash the lovey clique crap.

3 FOR 4 today at port D 1 steelhie 2 browns drop bounced all the fish, drop bouncing means you bottom bounce traditionally but open your bail to hit the fish you think are stacked up. No fished were got except for mine, drop bouncing, so hey you guys think you got it figured out you don't know squat, come on down to port D and let some one learn you. hahhahhaha

Don't matter on OFC about fish'in techiques and such this board gets more hits on the latest CBC news and bull crap stats......is it possible for the keepers to maybe bring it back to FISHING....IT'S A FISHING SITE not a hug me/ I love you site....is it all possible to get member's into fishing and slash the lovey clique crap.

How ironic.

It's exactly this type of response that made me stop posting reports last fall.

cliques....what Cliqueswhistling.gif

you have to gleen through the cliques and pick up on all the great info shared by the members who really know fishing.

Proper english and a wee bit more attention to grammar would really be appreciated by all of us trying to decyfer what the hell you're trying to say.

Sorry proper enlglish and grammar is needed for poor Bill to decfyer what I`m trying to say, I made my piont I hope other members get it......sorry BILLM Troll I only have a grade 13 and college graduate education, again why dosn`t OFC regaurd to fishing and let this guy attack me

Sorry proper enlglish and grammar is needed for poor Bill to decfyer what I`m trying to say, I made my piont I hope other members get it......sorry BILLM Troll I only have a grade 13 and college graduate education, again why dosn`t OFC regaurd to fishing and let this guy attack me

Dude - Not sure how you got to this point :huh:

Both BillM and Solo are not only solid contributors to this board but stand up, excellent fishermen.

You initiated this agrument out of nowhere....not sure what your deal is but you might as well move on.

How ironic.

It's exactly this type of response that made me stop posting reports last fall.

Ironi.....hey solo, don;t let your ego get involoved with posts, post your catches and laugh at me and the rest of us. We like to screw with you because we want to live your life. It`s just jealously dude, how ironic hahahha

I think you started with the insults back on page 2. If you can dish it out, you should also be able to take it. Apparently you can't.

Canadadude, in the number of years you've been here you've never posted a report....never even have you posted a positive remark to anyone. Your Momma would be ashamed and rightly so. Take a break. Let the community talk of what it wants to talk about in harmony. We don't have time to babysit supposed adults.

edited to add: And now that I know you've read this, you won't be needing a PM from me.

wow, way to trash a great report canadadud.

I look forward to any day I can fish with any of the standup members of this board. I would be VERY happy to get a few hours out with Solo, BillM, Irish, Terry and SOOOOOOOOO many others that I read posts from and PM back and forth.

I'm happy as hell to know and have fished with the OFC'ers that I have fished with. Hence the site's name having Community in it.

I gather dud is on modQ or banned so take it as you read it. It's a COMMUNITY where we share info about fishing, remorse, feelings and then bach to fishing.

End of semi-rant.

geoff

Very pretty fish Mike. Always a pleasure reading your reports. That Paine falls reel looks like it could be that new toy I just have to have :whistling: ...And it comes in stealth fighter black too...Just the way I like it :D

3 FOR 4 today at port D 1 steelhie 2 browns drop bounced all the fish, drop bouncing means you bottom bounce traditionally but open your bail to hit the fish you think are stacked up. No fished were got except for mine, drop bouncing, so hey you guys think you got it figured out you don't know s&%t, come on down to port D and let some one learn you. hahhahhaha

I share Billm's opinion, you need to speak proper English.