Project pretty much done.

Bernie

Craftsmanship at its finest Bernie!

Very nicely done!

Thank you Rattletrap. :)

Great stuff my friend!!! :worthy:

Thank you Wayne.

Started on the 18 I got from the auction last summer. Gave it new coils, points and a water pump.

It's in real good condition and is going to be a beauty.

A customer came in the shop, seen it and said he has one just like it, electric start too.

I'm going to try to get it and put the pair on a new cedar for next year. It's just a beginning plan for now, hope it works out.

Excellent job to be proud of..... :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

Makes me laugh...as I took my 1985 motor in last week my dealer told me, you know Bob this is a OLD motor...he was more interested in selling me a new one then repairing my OLD one....but I said "Fran it still runs great"...old my :asshat: I though as I walked back to my truck... :huh:

A true work of art, Bernie. It looks and I'm sure IS, priceless!

Nicely done on the new paint and decals. Did you do anything mechanically to the motor because of course those things leak more fluid then my Depends do after 14 hours on the slot machine.

You probably don't know Bernie but that whole Giesler family are artisans.

Thank you folks.

This little engine will not be used, just for display purposes.

It does run, the engine is tight with good compression, mag plate is tight, lower unit holds pressure, shifts well. It has had very little use over its life. Mostly shuffled around in garages and basements.

But I did not replace ignition parts, or carb overhaul. But if the need ever arose it could easily be done.

My next one (the 18HP) is getting the full treatment as it will be mounted on a boat this summer.

I have an old gale 12 that could be restored if your looking for another project this one could come resonable (I think)

Thank you for the offer Skinny.

While it is a product made by OMC, my focus will be on Johnson/Evinrudes.

Very slick,Bernie

Thank you Paul. :)

very nice Bernie. I was upset they didnt have the antiques at the spring fishing/boat show this year, I enjoy looking at them old motors. Once again :worthy:

Thank you Pidge.

I didn't make it to the show this year.

I don't know why they were not at the show, usually there are a few there.

Beautiful job !

Thank you JDS

Dang that sure is looking nice Bernie it would be nice to have the time and skill to do that stuff.

Time is the factor Mike. Other than a LOT of elbow grease with lots of sanding, priming and sanding again plus attention to detail it goes pretty easy.

A little practice with the spray paint helps.

All I can say Bernie is,,,,,,,,,,well,,,, Im speachless.Truely a piece of art. :good:

I was upset they didnt have the antiques at the spring fishing/boat show this year,

They were there. I kenw I should of taken pics of them. They were in the walk way to the second hall of the show. There was even a hand crank motor,well I guess it wasnt a motor if you had to hand crank to make the prop to go.

Real nice project Bernie it rivals all of the other ones you have shared with us in the past.

Art

Thank you Art. I hope that each one gets better than the last.

I was talking to my paint and decal supplier this evening and picked up a few more tips.

Amazing job Bernie!!

That looks awesome! Brings back a few memories.

Yes Roger, many memories for me too. I'm the little guy sitting in the boat about 1960.

2-3-2009_008.jpg

impressive. I like the color scheme too

Thank you CCMAR.

Yep, painted just the way it was when made in 1958.