Out with the old...............

Skud

She served me well.

2008.jpg

But I like the new one better.

2011.jpg

Ford sure made a crap load of improvements in just three years. I have three trips up north and one down south this year and I going to enjoy every km of them.

Nice Doug !!! Just like mine, only mine is platinum/gray.

Those saying you'd better hope the price of gas stays down.. well my 5.0 litre 2011 gets better milage than my 2003 x 4.6 litre got, especially towing.

Drove from Penetang to Toronto Sunday night (@ 118km/hr) on 11.2 l/100km

Wait 'till you tow with it and see all the neat things it does. If you didn't already... and tow anything with electric brakes.. blow the $469 installed and get the factory controller that goes in that hole in the dash below the 2h/4h/4l selector.

Edited by irishfield

beauty truck! i love the black it looks real slick...ford makes an amazing pickup

im a ford guy through and through

my first truck was a ranger edge 4.0lV6...unfortunately, got in a pretty bad wreck with her and she succumbed to her wounds at the scene :(

was able to pick up a nice great SUV in the explorer, 4.0lV8, 4x4, love it...tons of room and great for the growing family

Didn't get the Ecoboost, they are selling faster then Ford can make them. I have the 5.0 like Wayne. The gas mileage is almost par on those two engines anyway. Already have the electronic brake controller too. My lease was up so I had to move on a truck . The one I bought had all the toys I wanted minus the larger tow mirrors. Will be keeping this one for a long time.

I wanted the pull out mirrors too Doug. Found the ones on the truck aren't 100% but better than the stocks on my '03 by a landslide. Will probably still buy extensions but will see how the view is with the boat on. The enclosed trailer's the worst and like I said it wasn't that bad for view ripping up to Temagami and back last week.

Remember to do a power turn in the snow... you have to reach up and tap that traction control off button! :wallbash:

Edited by irishfield

Sweet ride. We got a new F-150 a couple years ago and love it. Even my wife likes driving it. Pulls our boat with ease and better gas mileage than the old Dakota we had. The newer models are getting a bit better gas mileage than the 2009 we have. Time for an upgrade ? (I don't think she'll go for that yet)

Edited by Rich Clemens

The XTR has the larger tires with chrome rims and the running boards. It has more chrome on the truck over all. This is my 4th truck in a row and my wife is on her 3rd ford now(Explorer,Freestar,Expedition). Fords work for me.