Nasty weather...what r u going to do today?

Rod Caster

Just got back from the river...it sucked...rain, snow, wind garbage!!!

But I went, as my grandfather once told me 'you ain't gonna catch fish thinkin' about it'

Now it's snowing and nasty out so all I can see to do is sit with my buddy's Carling L. and Napoleon and watch the day go by..

Cheers to all on a nasty March day!!!!

We went to the hut today. A little wet going out at 8 am really wet coming in at 1 pm. really thick fog too glad my hummingbird fishfinder has GPS. Real thick soup.

Lots of action whities were biting as far up as 20 feet of bottom in 80 ftw.

Can't wait till tomorrow. thumbsup_anim.gif

Edited by Hoppy

Sitting in my Tractor, in bad weather, in yet another road closure, in Temagami, staring at the lake.. wishin I could just go fishin... dry.gif

aww that sucks. Ends up I'm in the same boat as you, figuratively of course.

I was on Nosbonsing going for pike, got a call from work and now I have to drive to pointe au baril ... oye, and I thought I was one of the lucky ones able to fish today.

Just back from simcoe. Bad weather but lots of fish biting.

Managed a 10.5 laker and an 8.8 pound laker. Lost another four fish and had another 3 bites on top of that. Only fished until non. Marking loads of fish and must have had at least 25 chasers today.

Just back from simcoe. Bad weather but lots of fish biting.

Managed a 10.5 laker and an 8.8 pound laker. Lost another four fish and had another 3 bites on top of that. Only fished until non. Marking loads of fish and must have had at least 25 chasers today.

pics :dunno:

I'm thinking of heading out for some fishing today. Might try and catch some Lings and learn how to cook em up, as we have never tried them before. I hear the river lings are not as tasty as great lakes version though?

Me and a pal went out last night to check the shack, we were thinking of moving it. And we found a hyyyuge crack about a 1000 feet long running right through our spots though, so I'm a little skeptical.

Going to play pool with the girl tonight though, other than that, I'll probably kill time making some lindy rigs etc. Maybe paint some homemade cranks I got in the works

Sitting in my Tractor, in bad weather, in yet another road closure, in Temagami, staring at the lake.. wishin I could just go fishin... <_<

Shelly.. you still sitting there? You can probably see Lloyd's Grey van with U and ME on it from where you are. If the road's not going to open tonight....and you're stuck there... walk the ice road that starts beside the green fish hatchery building. 3 island out.. you'll find Lloyd. Terry may have made it.. Joey and Paul may be stuck South of town...

Bernie, nice restore!

Looks crisp!

As for me, just finished purchasing some books online, gonna read for a bit, clean, work with the animals, smoke, tie some flies. Great relaxing day :D Much needed.

Made supper(sheppards pie) earlier this morning, then been trying all sorts of positions to gain some comfort, blasted lumbar disc took a slip on Thursday. :stretcher: Now I know why they make shooz with velcro closers. Can't even get into the car or truck to go spend money.

Well... 5 hours of adapting buddies trailer :wallbash::wallbash::wallbash: to fit his new floats... took his cash and it's miller time!!! Pouring rain has now turned to snow for the last hour or more... glad I've got lots of mix and don't need to leave the property!

Was supposed to take the young lad snowboarding today....and was hoping we'd make a quick stop on Simcoe...but that all got washed down the drain. So we hit up a little Laser Tag action, followed up by indoor go karts...worked out well.

Now I'm feeling a mite nappish :D

Shelly.. you still sitting there? You can probably see Lloyd's Grey van with U and ME on it from where you are. If the road's not going to open tonight....and you're stuck there... walk the ice road that starts beside the green fish hatchery building. 3 island out.. you'll find Lloyd. Terry may have made it.. Joey and Paul may be stuck South of town...

I'm sure I seen that Van Wayne..I'm outta there now.. I was right at the lake, the second truck in line when they closed the road.. dang, if I were only a few minutes sooner.. lol They started letting north bound through long before they let south bound go because of Tilden Lake hill and T-Bone hill, no one could get up them... Thanks for that offer though, very much appreciated...

Very sad about that 87yr old lady in the Accident, and I sure hope that Dangerous goods load doesn't cause the area any trouble... They were only letting 1 lane through at a time when they finally let us go, because they were already digging up the area that took the spill... Let me know if you hear anything on that stuff would ya plz?

I hope the gang all made it safely...

Was supposed to take the young lad snowboarding today....and was hoping we'd make a quick stop on Simcoe...but that all got washed down the drain. So we hit up a little Laser Tag action, followed up by indoor go karts...worked out well.

Now I'm feeling a mite nappish biggrin.gif

Now that is a good day thumbsup_anim.gif

I'm sure I seen that Van Wayne..I'm outta there now.. I was right at the lake, the second truck in line when they closed the road.. dang, if I were only a few minutes sooner.. lol They started letting north bound through long before they let south bound go because of Tilden Lake hill and T-Bone hill, no one could get up them... Thanks for that offer though, very much appreciated...

Very sad about that 87yr old lady in the Accident, and I sure hope that Dangerous goods load doesn't cause the area any trouble... They were only letting 1 lane through at a time when they finally let us go, because they were already digging up the area that took the spill... Let me know if you hear anything on that stuff would ya plz?

I hope the gang all made it safely...

I'm suprised our company hasn't gotten the call on that spill...I'm working on one right now near P.O.B. Trucker landed 20 feet below the road in a swamp, 600 litres of diesel floating in the reeds....should be a fun cleanup. The driver was suprisingly ok. Take care out there L.Walleye.

cleaning fish

Saltydog...that's what I wanted to be doing at this time! Good job, what did you catch?