BPS Spring Classic sale

Yes Geoff, it comes in a left. $159.99... JMX10HLD 6.4:1. Just checked with Vaughan.

But sorry, I can't help you from here.

How did you get through Roy? I spent the last 30 min trying to get a hold of some one on the phone. When I did, they have NO clue if they are going to get even one of the # JMX10HLD in stock. "We get what we get for these clear out deals" I was told... :wallbash: But thanks.

Yes Geoff, it comes in a left. $159.99... JMX10HLD 6.4:1. Just checked with Vaughan.

But sorry, I can't help you from here.

Even better Roy they have a daily special on March 25th JM signiture series 89.95 limit of 2 and terminator spinner baits 5 for 10 buck limit of 10.

Lets go shopping!!! :thumbsup_anim:

any insight on the front page offer of the baitcasting combo for $79.99. I have always used spincast and want to try baitcast, but don't want to spend much $$.

Can't seem to find the product in their catalog either.

I would take a serious look at the JM sig. reel I mentioned in the previous post far better reel.

If your just getting started I think more dollars in the reel would be better than a cheap combo.

I would take a serious look at the JM sig. reel I mentioned in the previous post far better reel.

If your just getting started I think more dollars in the reel would be better than a cheap combo.

What he said X5

100% you get what you pay for.

For me this is a back up reel incase one blows up. My spinning is my go to stuff but my other baitcaster is a Curado 301 series for bigger fish. So I just want to have another combo that I don't spend a lot on and can do the job. the better BPS-JM series I'm told are good but that deal on the Curado for $170 (or so) looks like a back-up,back-up plan. I have been told any of the BPS-JM-Sig. series in the last 2 years (starting at the 'gold' one) are good. Don't spend $100 or less on a combo as you will either never learn how to use it well, never like it, or it will just die on you. I had the BPS Extreme combo and sold it as good as new for 1/2 the price in 1-year time. Just MHO.

I'll second the theory of spending a bit more on the reel in a baitcast set-up than the rod. A good reel can be had for around a $100 and can last long enough for you to upgrade the rod later. If the reel is not "good" (I don't know if the one in question is or not) you might not ever like using it.

What he said X5

Yep. I went into BPS about 3 years ago and asked some guy at the counter for a medium priced baitcaster. Not the cheapest and not the most expensive. I came away with a cheepo Diawa Procaster. It is simple and works but the drag adjustments suck and it would never land a big fish. You get what you pay for and starting cheap won't sell you on baitcasting.

By the way, where do you see the daily specials?

You have to look at the flyer mailed out or online.

You are WAY better off to save and spend/buy a good one when you can rather then spend less and tinker. I can tell you that because I did that and REGRET IT! I would have more $ now in my pocket then going the cost saving way.

Like I said, for me, this is a reel/rod/combo that is going to sit in my boat all year unless I need it.

Any ideas why the JM Signature Reel in the daily specials is a different pic then the regular section of the site? Are there two different signature reels?

the one selling for $89 for the one day only is the 2010 one and the other is the 2011 version.