BPS Spring Classic sale

any thoughts here or should I start a new post?

I had a 6"6 triumph!

From what I remember it was a fairly stiff rod and I did like it for jerkbaits.

Only used it twice tho.

Someone has a new St.Croix and Daiwa baitcasting combo that they found on highway 17... :wallbash:

TDunn

i know a guy on the BPS prostaff and uses their rods and reels. he says te rods are amazing for the prices, and the reels are good too. he said they dont last as long as other brands might, but overall the performance or the reels is quite good. and this guy is no slouch when it comes to winning big money on big water.

but overall, im not really ovrly impressed with the sale, nuthin overly wowed me in the flyer.

10 bucks off a $200+ doesnt impress me all that much. some decent tackle sales. would like to see more high end gear on sale. not them clearing out their old crap. the pro qualifier rainsuits onsale for 169 is a nice deal, and that will likely be the only reason i make the trip out.

I don;t see much for deals to be honest. My local tackle stores everyday prices are cheaper. 3 quarters of the flyer isn;t even sale prices.

eg pfeuger supreme xt 149 at basspro. 129 every day of the week at local tackle store

pfeuger patriarch 199 on sale 20 off. local tackle store 189 all year.

electronics and trolling motors are marked up crazy to begin with.

check your prices people email your local tackle stores or check your online stores before you buy into their sale prices.

Yup..

I'm looking at my Lebaron catalog and lebaron's reg prices are at 199.94 and 148.63 for the patriarch and supreme xt. With club discount or no tax sale, its about the same as bass pro with the reel trade in deal.

Meh...

i know a guy on the BPS prostaff and uses their rods and reels. he says te rods are amazing for the prices, and the reels are good too. he said they dont last as long as other brands might, but overall the performance or the reels is quite good. and this guy is no slouch when it comes to winning big money on big water.

but overall, im not really ovrly impressed with the sale, nuthin overly wowed me in the flyer.

10 bucks off a $200+ doesnt impress me all that much. some decent tackle sales. would like to see more high end gear on sale. not them clearing out their old crap. the pro qualifier rainsuits onsale for 169 is a nice deal, and that will likely be the only reason i make the trip out.

Yes 10 bucks off a 200 reel wouldn`t get my lazy :asshat: off the sofa but 5 Terminator spinner baits for 10 bucks,JMS reel for 89.99, 660 yard of trilene for 4.97 would.

yeah and compare radio world prices on electronics. most fishfinder are 150 or more cheaper than basspro sale prices.

Yup..

I'm looking at my Lebaron catalog and lebaron's reg prices are at 199.94 and 148.63 for the patriarch and supreme xt. With club discount or no tax sale, its about the same as bass pro with the reel trade in deal.

Meh...

Im sure there are a couple good deals. To be fair please list the items you feel are a great deal

I really don`t feel like going back and forth with you on this just can`t be bothered!!!

I think anybody with half a brain would compare prices before laying done their cash yes!!! :Gonefishing: