Dirty no good ass broke into my car N/F

pikehunter

Was awake early this morning, just had a look at OFC and went over to the recliner to put my feet up and catch acouple Z's in the rec room before any one else got up. The basement stair light was on and it shines out through the kitchen window to the driveway and out the back door onto the porch.

Feet up, TV on, almost asleep. A car horn starts going off. Took me a few beeps of it to realize whats up, it's my car and it's parked at the rear of the driveway just past the back corner of the house in front of the garage. Wife jumps up out of bed, runs to the back door, I jump up and climb the steps. Motion light in the driveway is on, the horn is blasting away, 4 ways are flashing, the interior light is on and it had just snowed enough to show foot tracks up the driveway. I figure out how to disarm the alarm (didn't even know the Five Hundred had one as the owners manual says "if equiped") Got a flashlight and started to follow the tracks.

On the way in was one set, leaving was the exit set of tracks. They came up along the street side walk from the south, up the drive and back out then they ran south to Queenston Rd. I know he? ran because the footprints were spaced quite far apart. I lost them at the corner of Queeston Rd. as it was salted and a block away from Horton's. In the meantime the police had been called because the wife said it was a good idea.

Just as I turn around after watching a pedestrian walk down Queenston with a small package in one hand and a timmie;s in the other ( The offender???? hmmm) I hear a hell of a bang! Swore something fell from space and hit the road behind me. I go back to the corner and there is a car smashed up into a concrete barrier at the corner Queenston traffic circle (for those familiar with the area) I get the cell out, call 911. The operator answered asked if the driver is OK, said ya she's walking around looking at the car. Aked if Ok and she said yes. Told the 911 girl my name and told her the only reason I'm out walking around is because my car was just broken into and I was following the footprints.

A few minutes go by. A Cop comes around the corner. Says are you Harry, I answered and he said that he was on his way to my place, said another was coming for the accident.

The culprit walked right past a Saturn and a Plymouth van parked on the street and my son's car in the driveway then up to mine to break in. Can't get over that, purposly to my car! I can only assume the keypad is the reason he went to my car or the fact it was hidden somewhat from the street. We looked in side, nothing gone, the door had been opened (it was locked) Looked in the glove compartment and my son's GPS was still there too. Got scared away by the commotion I guess. Cop said they ae just after GPS's, sunglasses and small crap like that they can sell for a few bucks and get some crack.

I guess he messed around with the cars keypad lock system and after the required amount of attempts for the alarm to sound he actually hit the correct combination on the last try, the action started and he ran.

What an interesting way to begin a rare Saturday day off work. And I feel for my neighbours because of the horn. I'm glad though that no damage done or missing property.

Sorry for the drawn out post but My mind and emotions are still zipping around my head.

Was awake early this morning, just had a look at OFC and went over to the recliner to put my feet up and catch acouple Z's in the rec room before any one else got up. The basement stair light was on and it shines out through the kitchen window to the driveway and out the back door onto the porch.

Feet up, TV on, almost asleep. A car horn starts going off. Took me a few beeps of it to realize whats up, it's my car and it's parked at the rear of the driveway just past the back corner of the house in front of the garage. Wife jumps up out of bed, runs to the back door, I jump up and climb the steps. Motion light in the driveway is on, the horn is blasting away, 4 ways are flashing, the interior light is on and it had just snowed enough to show foot tracks up the driveway. I figure out how to disarm the alarm (didn't even know the Five Hundred had one as the owners manual says "if equiped") Got a flashlight and started to follow the tracks.

On the way in was one set, leaving was the exit set of tracks. They came up along the street side walk from the south, up the drive and back out then they ran south to Queenston Rd. I know he? ran because the footprints were spaced quite far apart. I lost them at the corner of Queeston Rd. as it was salted and a block away from Horton's. In the meantime the police had been called because the wife said it was a good idea.

Just as I turn around after watching a pedestrian walk down Queenston with a small package in one hand and a timmie;s in the other ( The offender???? hmmm) I hear a hell of a bang! Swore something fell from space and hit the road behind me. I go back to the corner and there is a car smashed up into a concrete barrier at the corner Queenston traffic circle (for those familiar with the area) I get the cell out, call 911. The operator answered asked if the driver is OK, said ya she's walking around looking at the car. Aked if Ok and she said yes. Told the 911 girl my name and told her the only reason I'm out walking around is because my car was just broken into and I was following the footprints.

A few minutes go by. A Cop comes around the corner. Says are you Harry, I answered and he said that he was on his way to my place, said another was coming for the accident.

The culprit walked right past a Saturn and a Plymouth van parked on the street and my son's car in the driveway then up to mine to break in. Can't get over that, purposly to my car! I can only assume the keypad is the reason he went to my car or the fact it was hidden somewhat from the street. We looked in side, nothing gone, the door had been opened (it was locked) Looked in the glove compartment and my son's GPS was still there too. Got scared away by the commotion I guess. Cop said they ae just after GPS's, sunglasses and small crap like that they can sell for a few bucks and get some crack.

I guess he messed around with the cars keypad lock system and after the required amount of attempts for the alarm to sound he actually hit the correct combination on the last try, the action started and he ran.

What an interesting way to begin a rare Saturday day off work. And I feel for my neighbours because of the horn. I'm glad though that no damage done or missing property.

Sorry for the drawn out post but My mind and emotions are still zipping around my head.

Best case for this scenario to end outta a bad situation to begin with ...

At least there was no damage. The oldest profession. They say it is prostitution but I figure it is theiving. There is no way a prostitute would do the things they do without at least trying to steal first :-)

Time to sit back, relax and enjoy your Saturday with the family. Take comfort in the fact that it is not you walking the cold streets looking for a hit.

This is also the perfect excuse to have a nice scotch before noon. :-)

I had my truck and apartment broke into when I lived in Ottawa, It is a gross feeling.

I've had it happen twice now in the last month. They go for my change. Now I have a couple razor sharp treble hooks in my change compartment for them. Dirty thievin crackheads!! I'm scared to think of what I'd do if I ever caught them!!!

S.

I don't lock anything here......garage open, truck open, car open, house open except when my wife locks it....but everyone here knows I'm a Redneck and you could be shot messing with my stuff....Smiley-IPB-295.gif

Ya but i know your a pussycat. Whats yer address againwhistling.gif I need a few more rods and reels for my collection.Yer a redneck and i'm a bushwacker.

He might come back because of this "I guess he messed around with the cars keypad lock system and after the required amount of attempts for the alarm to sound he actually hit the correct combination on the last try, the action started and he ran."

You probably already did but change the combination.

He probably didn't have to figure out your combination. My van locked me out while running and I had to call CAA. I could pretty much get into ANY car now by watching him open mine. Wow! You can believe how EASY it is. I have an alarm in mine too. It's really the only way to deter theft because the commotion scares the perpetrator (:asshat:) off. :thumbsup_anim:

Edited by Jewelbee

Probably a good thing you didn't catch him...or you would be up on assault charges now!

Really sad isn't it? :( when you can't defend your own property :wallbash:

As for resetting the code it wouldn't do much good as according to the manual the factory code stays as default. I should have given it a try to find out though just in case.

Went to a car alarm/stereo shop today to check out alarms for my son's car. Told the guy the story and he figures he probably used a jimmy bar, slim jim or whatever you wish to call it because if the combo was figured out the alarm wouldn't have sounded :dunno: Dunno, maybe he's right? I thought all car locks had a plate or a cover over the rods nowadays to prevent that.

sounds like your not far from me. i live off of cochraine rd. this crap has been going on aaround here for years and they hit the same streets and areas once a month on average. ive had my truck broken into and they go thru everything and took my stereo face plate and they leave everything else on the floor. they look for change and misc crap like that. one time they punched a hole in my trucks passenger side door trying to pry the lock out of it,with no luck.also when i lived in stoney creek they broke in and stole CD's., i almost caught them one time, my parents live not far and i was pulling up to their house when i noticed my moms cars door open and the interior light on,2 punks look at me and started running,my passenger got out chased them over fences thru the back yards, i tried to head them off and raced over to rosedale but thy got away. lucky for them because i wasnt calling the cops. this happens so often its crazy,their luck will run out soon.

oh and one time they or someone actually stole my dads car,left the coat hanger on the front lawn, car was found 2 weeks later up the mountain, they had just left the car running on a side street till it ran out of gas. they had taken the car up to bracebridge area (receipts and ice cream container found in car) they also left a few cd's of theirs in the car (spanish and some rap cd's)cops in hamilton dont take prints for stolen cars,and this car had tons of them including thier cd's. cant start a record against these leeches and cant find them because they wont run the prints. stupid.

cops in hamilton dont take prints for stolen cars,and this car had tons of them including thier cd's. cant start a record against these leeches and cant find them because they wont run the prints. stupid.

Don't get that, evidence all there. Yet the cops put rigged trap cars in public parking lots to catch these "jack asses" red handed. No wonder car insurance is so high in this city!

When we moved here my car insurance jumped up 800 a year, same coverage, same cars nothing different except home address. If I had known it was going to jump up that much my decision to move here would have been swayed and we may have stayed put on the other side of the bay. I knew it would go up but assumed it was going to be only a few bucks. Bad enough Hamilton property taxes are higher then have to pay higher premiums too.

Yep, one block to the east of you, a block S. of Queenston.