Am I Going to be OK?; Are you Going to be OK?

Entropy

So, I watch the news today and now have a sad outlook on the years to come.

1. Electricty rates are to go up by about 7% effective sometime in march

2. Gasoline is predicted to go up by 10m to 15 cents a litre in the near future. That would put us at $1.25/L to $1.30/L.

3. Grocery costs are to have gone up by about 10% by the end of spring.

Am I going to be ok, are you going to be ok?

How will this affect your habits / routines.

I'll just have to give myself a raise i guess.whistling.gif Seriously though, something has got to change. If not, we are in for serious problems in the near future.

Don't worry Obama is going to save us all... :rofl2: ....BTW Pepsi is $.99 per 2 liter bottle here, but I drink Coke Zero with my rum.... :wallbash:

LOL Dan.. at least I switched to diet to get rid of the sugar (and dropped 28 lbs).. but no way I can go to Pepsi Free and not get the caffine !!

I used to be a diet Pepsi freak too. I'm cured finally. Beer only for me now. I haven't drank a "POP" for probably over a decade.

If only the people of Canada had the balls of those in on the African continent. When is enough, Enough!?

Is that really what you want?

Hardly a comparison between what those people have lived through for years and our prices going up a bit.

All I know is it sucks huge what they are doing here but I will just watch what we do if it means I dont buy alot of junk I dont need then all is good.

They are teaching me to save $$$ on the crap I dont need and put it to good use like buying my fishing lures,rods,reels, and other outdoor related items for camping and boating so we can start saving $$$ by getting out there in the boat burning gas paying the launch fees drinking the bottled water paying someone to camp in there open corn field with newly plated trees. :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: OH NO ITS OVER JIVE UP NOW.

All kidding aside it sucks but like others have said just adjust. When you go some where kinda like driving across town for milk to save $.25 or choose walk to 7/11 stuff like that will make more of a difference. I know the smart meeter stuff has cost us more around here. Gas was $1.50 here a few summers ago we still went fishing but picked our days and watched our long distance travel.

The price of stuff rises all the time and probably always will and there's not much we can do about it.

My dad bought a brand new Chevy pick-up in 1961 and payed $1800 for it. Today we pay nearly that for a set of tires :lol:

In 1954 my folks built a beautiful new home in Don Mills at Leslie & Lawrence for $12000. It's worth slightly more than that today.

When I joined the Fire Dept in Toronto 43 years ago I was earning the grand total of $5200 a year and that was considered pretty decent money. Got my 1st home the same year and it cost $16,000

I still remember paying 39 cents for my 1st pack of cigarettes back in 1961. Now there what, something like $9 :w00t:

Crazy stuff :D

The price of stuff rises all the time and probably always will and there's not much we can do about it.

My dad bought a brand new Chevy pick-up in 1961 and payed $1800 for it. Today we pay nearly that for a set of tires :lol:

In 1954 my folks built a beautiful new home in Don Mills at Leslie & Lawrence for $12000. It's worth slightly more than that today.

When I joined the Fire Dept in Toronto 43 years ago I was earning the grand total of $5200 a year and that was considered pretty decent money. Got my 1st home the same year and it cost $16,000

I still remember paying 39 cents for my 1st pack of cigarettes back in 1961. Now there what, something like $9 :w00t:

Crazy stuff :D

A brand new Dodge Tradesman van cost me 3100 bucks out the door in 1973, a brand new 3 bedroom, bath and a half home 28,900 in 1975. A brand new 1979 Plymouth Volare, 4500 bucks in 1979.