Help! How long will my boat be?

buckhorn250

I'm looking at a new Lund Impact 1875 with a 115Hp Mercury 4stroke. As the name says the length of the boat is 18' 9", I want to make sure it will fit in my garage, curious if there is a rule of thum I can go by for the total length of the boat with motor (trailer has a swing tongue)...any help would be appreciated.

thanks

I'm looking at a new Lund Impact 1875 with a 115Hp Mercury 4stroke. As the name says the length of the boat is 18' 9", I want to make sure it will fit in my garage, curious if there is a rule of thum I can go by for the total length of the boat with motor (trailer has a swing tongue)...any help would be appreciated.

thanks

Just a guess, but I'd say about 22" total.

Can't you go measure the unit at the lot? :dunno:

I once heard ... add 8' to the length of the boat.

My 14's tongue isn't a swing away and is 3' long and my 30'rude is about 18".. that's 4 1/2 "... I assume that your motor is WAY bigger and the tongue is probably longer.

Edited by Randy from Sturgeon

thanks

I would say 20'-6" at least.

My boat is 17'10" with a 90hp Merc and no swing tongue.

I keep it in one of those 10'X20' fabric garages. The motor pushes out the rear wall by about a foot and the tongue sticks out the front by 2 feet. So my setup is about 23'. Yours should be 12 to 18 inches longer all together so probably 24 to 24 1/2 feet total. Not sure how much you cut it down with the tongue folded, maybe 2 feet. I would say you will be in the 22 to 22 1/2' range folded.

my stratos claims to be 17.5ft but is quite a bit bigger in real life. it is 24ft on the trailer, without using the swing tongue. the trailer, like most is 8.5ft wide. the boat wont fit under a 7ft door.

so essentially its too long, too wide and too tall to go in any garage without an overheight, double door garage that is extra long.

you're going to have a heck of a time getting a 19ft boat in the garage. if you can, you've got a nicer garage than i do!