Have you had enuff winter yet ??

lew

Hard water fishing, sitting on a pail with the wind at your back and icicles on your moustache, it does not get any better.

Unless of course your a person who finds hard water fishing about as entertaining and exciting as watching bowling on TV :lol:

We're just getting to the best part of winter here.

March and April are fabulous in YK. Long, sunny and warm days make for some awesome ice fishing times.

March and April better be wearing shorts down here by then...

Art

Unless of course your a person who finds hard water fishing about as entertaining and exciting as watching bowling on TV :lol:

You need to come visit us up here for real hard water fishing Lew..half the fun is getting there

-24C here this morning....thats called "making Ice"

Up here that is called the average temp!!! beach.gif

I tend to do most of my ice fishing at -25 and warmer, although I have been out there when it's 10 or 15 degrees colder. Just not as much fun. At -25 the hut door stays open with the heater on 1/2. When it gets colder than that the door closes and the heater gets put on full. I just don't like the lack of air movement to get the CO out of the hut when it's sealed up, even with the door cracked, windows cracked and vent open I still get hedaches due to the CO in the hut. May have something to do with the 14,000 btu heater though. :dunno::dunno:

My first couple of years up here I would just turn my back to the wind and fish in -25 to -30 but the hut and heater deal is much more comfy. :D

Oh yeah, current temp is -31 with little to no wind. :whistling:

Edited by DRIFTER_016