top 7 bass baits ever

lew

I received my new copy of Outdoor Life today and they have listed their choice of the top 7 bass baits ever, in their own opinion.

I had to scan it so it's not really clear but the best I could do.

Everybody will have their own opinion, but what do you think of their choices.

Top of page

Best Upgrade......Terminator T1 spinnerbait

Bottom left...best range, top to bottom of water column when properly weighted F-11 rapala

Bottom right....best action....Yamamoto Original Senko

Cnv0018.jpg

Top left...Most influential.....Bill Lewis's Rat-L-Trap

Top right...most versatile.....Lunker City Slug-go

Bottom left...Most innovative....Buck Perry Spoonplug

Bottom right....best presentation....Lindy Rig X-Treme

Cnv0017.jpg

I love the rapala. One of my favorites. I have caught so many bass and other species on em. I just tried senkos one time last year and i didnt have much luck. I plan on using the more this year.

Interesting. A "best bass bait" article without mentioning a plastic worm or flipping jig is crazy.

The 2 I mentioned have won more money than everything above combined by probably a wide margin. So from a tournament angler's perspective would replace the spoonplug (trolling is also prohibited in tournaments) and lindy live bait rig with those.

Also, where is the mention of the DROP SHOT. I've heard it catches a bass here and there. :)

Charles

Plastic worm still catches fish, jig and pig still catches fish, if your talking bass and those aren`t on your list it means nothing.

Best lure for me the last 15 years or so has to be the TUBE, LOL and like it was mentioned surface lures? Isn`t that what gets you hooked, the surface explosion of a bass trying to kill something!

Lindy rig? a great rig, with a minnow? not for a tournament angler. Some good ones mentioned, Rapala`s still catch fish. Senkos, Rat-L -traps.

Terminator? Not my first choice in spinnerbaits.

LOL my list would be different, then I don`t get paid to make one?

Honestly I don`t think much of that list obviously the Rapala it will catch anything that swims and the Senko is IMHO the hottest bass bait right now and it flat out catches fish but what about the good ole Hula Popper and Jitterbug 2 of the best Bass lures ever made and someone mention the Bass jig also the tube jig any serious Bass fisherman has a number of the above mentioned baits in his arsenal.

Nothing better for a Bass fisherman than having a big Bass smash a Jitterbug in the dark of night.

Charles I believe we know a guy or two that would say the drop shot is #1. LOL

I also would like to know where the tube is. Oh the tube is a real killer. :thumbsup_anim::Gonefishing:

If you ask my pop,he will tell you the BENO is the number one body bait,and the BUSHWHACKER is second.I keep telling him :wallbash::wallbash: ,Pop they are called spinner baits now. HAHAHAHAHA

Just for arguments sake here's my personal top 10 things to use in order of effectiveness for tournament fishing:

1) Tube

2) Flippin' Jig

3) Drop Shot

4) Senko

5) Soft Plastic Texas Rig

6) Topwaters

7) Jerkbaits

8) Prayer

9) Buzzbaits/Spinnerbaits

10) Beer and a crying towel

Charles

I dont fish bass alot any more but always loved plastic worms texas rig, white or yellow bushwacker AKA spinnerbait with a tail on them usualy split V style, pork rind rigged up on a jig, adn when all else fails just a plain old 1" yellow twister tail with just a bare hook and one split shot maybe I was way ahead of the drop shot back then cast her out with 4lbs line and crank it in one turn every min or so AAAHHHHH the good ol days of lazy summer fishin.

I'm not an expert here,but I sure love to fish topwater for bass. My favorite topwaters are 1)BPS Topknocker (this thing makes noise!) 2) Hula Popper 3) Storm Chug Bug. Going to try a bunch of plastics this year and some Northamfishing spinnerbaits (these things are beauty!) too. Does anybody have a favourite for lack of a better word "fat shad" type bait for bass?

Oh man Lew, just the thought of these baits sets my heart all a flutter!

1) Stick worm (Senko like) rigged wacky style

2) White spinnerbait

3) Texas rigged Tube

4) Pop R topwater

5) Purple worm rigged Texas style

As for flipping jigs, I have no confidence in these yet. Everyone always says how great they are, but I have yet to give them their fair shake. Maybe this will be the year?