Beer on the ice?

cram

I've never seen whiskey freeze!! Beer is for the ladies. I pretty much always have my flask full of something in the ice. Not enough to get drunk, but just the right amount to keep me warm :whistling:

S.

Alcohol doesn't make you warm, alcohol does what it does and makes your mind fuzzy into believing things that you are incapable of..

hang on a sec - while i think it is illegal as obviously being out of residence hasn't this been answered? a press release from the OPP and the MNR, both stating the ice hut is considered a private place.

i dont think that this is how the rule is applied at all, generally, a beer in your hand outside of your home or a licensed establishment = ticket. thanks for posting those releases guys. hope the opp and the co's have read them!

IF your thirsty come to our side of the border as there is no law against drinking beer on the ice or in my yard or at the park, etc......

SAME HERE IN QUEBEC!!

i even think they made it legal while driving in Quebecwhistling.gif or at least they want to.rofl2.gif

I've never seen whiskey freeze!! Beer is for the ladies. I pretty much always have my flask full of something in the ice. Not enough to get drunk, but just the right amount to keep me warm :whistling:

S.

A buddy of mine had a bottle of Jack freeze on him when he lived in Fairbanks. :blink:

SAME HERE IN QUEBEC!!

i even think they made it legal while driving in Quebecwhistling.gif or at least they want to.rofl2.gif

At one time it was legal in Texas to drink and drive and then they limited to only the passengers....but now I believe it's against the law to have a open container of booze in the vehicle.

No rules about it up here in the far north that I know of, but good luck keeping it from freezing while sledding to your fishing spot.

I keep drinks in a cooler with hand warmers and still have them freeze up. <_<

Well duh!!!!!!!!!!!!

that means you are a slow drinker :tease:

get r dun quick so you can sit back and fish...LOL

Yes it is illegal. Most likely you'll be asked to dump your booze instead of getting a ticket, it all depends on the officer and your attitude. Personally, I have never been more than 20 feet out on the ice so I don't really interact with the guys on simcoe so I don't really know what goes on. If I see a beer or two I'm not going to get bent out of shape but if I see a dozen crushed empties and a 2-4 in the corner then we'd have issues

I agree with you 100% !

It's called moderation.

:thumbsup_anim::thumbsup_anim:

Well duh!!!!!!!!!!!!

that means you are a slow drinker :tease:

get r dun quick so you can sit back and fish...LOL

HMMMMMM, so you're advocating drinking and snowmobiling eh? :whistling:

Drinks are usually slushies by the time I get to where I'm going to fish.

Only way to get them down before that is to drink them before leaving the house or while riding to my destination.

Drinking and snowmobiling is against the law, but you wouldn't know it. :rolleyes:

hang on a sec - while i think it is illegal as obviously being out of residence hasn't this been answered? a press release from the OPP and the MNR, both stating the ice hut is considered a private place.

i dont think that this is how the rule is applied at all, generally, a beer in your hand outside of your home or a licensed establishment = ticket. thanks for posting those releases guys. hope the opp and the co's have read them!

There's been a debate about that for the last few years.....

LLA states that in order for it to be a private place or residence it has to have a toilet, kitchen and sleeping quarters like on an anchored cabin cruiser. However, in a camp ground, case law has stated that a camp site that you've purchase is a private place....like a hotel room. So, now some are considering a rented ice hut as a private place, however, some aren't...it's one of the grey areas in Provincial Laws

as said

depends of what officer of the law you get, decides your fate

now I can't prove it but I think before they go out on duty each day they spin a big roulette wheel to see what way they want to read the laws

spppppinnnnnnn click click click click.we have a winner .....today no drinking in huts but you can use perch parts as bait...tomorrow..wellwe will not know till they spin the wheel again

as said

now I can't prove it but I think before they go out on duty each day they spin a big roulette wheel to see what way they want to read the laws

spppppinnnnnnn click click click click.we have a winner .....today no drinking in huts but you can use perch parts as bait...tomorrow..wellwe will not know till they spin the wheel again

that would be fun :D:D

ok, i think the description of residence is agreed upon. it is legal to drink beer in a campsite upon crown land. that one has always stumped me. so i cant drink in the boat, or on the ice, or just about anywhere else. but i stop my canoe for the night at a campsite on lake temagami, and its ok to pound back 100 beers, provided i clean them up. go figure.

as much as the def'n of residence is pretty clear, how can we explain the press releases that state clearly that the ice hut is ok? tough to keep up with the law on either side of enforcement if you ask me.

hey billy bob, enjoy that ice cold beer. sometimes (SOMETIMES) its the united states of common sense.

hey billy bob, enjoy that ice cold beer. sometimes (SOMETIMES) its the united states of common sense.

It's not a common sense issue but rather a Constitution that protects our rights in the USA....it's been working for us for over 235 years now even though some have tried to rape it over the years, especially now... :wallbash:

is that the 3rd or 4th def'n of residence - just in this thread alone!

a citizens due diligence is to make themselves aware of the law and operate within it.

a peace officers job is to enforce the law.

the reason the lawbooks are long and onerous is to remove the doubt left by less wordy descriptions. making it easy for joe public to behave lawfully and joe officer to do his job by letter of law as opposed to using his/her interpretation of it. when different agencies view/interpret legislate law at their descretion joe public is left at their mercy.

while there will never be a replacement of the "good judgement" of the investigating officer that person should not be left to decide or interpret the law. the whole idea is to remove the idea that the officer could have applied any bias as to who the party was they were investigating - both for the protection of the officer and the public. interesting to see that the opp releases their take on a common question asked by the public, and their own officers and local agencies take it upon themselves to act against this clarification.

oh well - HIDE YOUR BEERS THE MAN'S COMIN!!!

you can insert POLICE DISCRETION where i put good judgement. they have pretty much the identical meaning here.

Edited by smally21

is that the 3rd or 4th def'n of residence - just in this thread alone!

a citizens due diligence is to make themselves aware of the law and operate within it.

a peace officers job is to enforce the law.

the reason the lawbooks are long and onerous is to remove the doubt left by less wordy descriptions. making it easy for joe public to behave lawfully and joe officer to do his job by letter of law as opposed to using his/her interpretation of it. when different agencies view/interpret legislate law at their descretion joe public is left at their mercy.

while there will never be a replacement of the "good judgement" of the investigating officer that person should not be left to decide or interpret the law. the whole idea is to remove the idea that the officer could have applied any bias as to who the party was they were investigating - both for the protection of the officer and the public. interesting to see that the opp releases their take on a common question asked by the public, and their own officers and local agencies take it upon themselves to act against this clarification.

oh well - HIDE YOUR BEERS THE MAN'S COMIN!!!

There's also something called POLICE DISCRETION

as said

Can I get a daily update on that spin?dunno.gif

Guest gbfisher

Although I don't drink myself as far as I know you can't drink in a public place. The ice on the lake makes it crown land. I know that anytime I have ever fished with police they themselves drank on the water. In boats and on the ice. There was no concern with it what so ever. :D

Take your chances and deal with the consequenses if that is what you have to do while out fishing for the day. <_<

Edited by gbfisher

It's not a common sense issue but rather a Constitution that protects our rights in the USA....it's been working for us for over 235 years now even though some have tried to rape it over the years, especially now... wallbash.gif

so ya have the right ta bare yer arms and drink yer beers.YADDA YADDA YADDAwhistling.gif