Orlando for Christmas and a new PB LMB

Cudz

We were in Orlando for Christmas so I brought a single spinning rod and reel on the off chance that I could get out for a fish. I deceided to buy a 1 week freshwater licence and try my luck. I only brought 3 lures with me so I was going to give it a go. The first place I fished was at my cousins house. They live on a lake in a mansion but are avid waterskiers, not fishermen. In fact, my cousin is one of the best Canadian waterskiers. Anyway, I sneaked out of the house for 20 minutes of fishing of their dock. I threw a wacky rigged senko and managed a total of 5 dink bass (caught 3 on the first 4 casts). They were all about a pound.

Christmas33.jpg

Later on in the week I decided to try my hand at fishing a pond in the middle of a very busy and popular area across from Disney. I watched a guy catch an 11 pounder and 5 pounder using shiners. He gave me one but I only fished for 10 mins with it and without success. I thought the small lake was shallow but turns out it was 20ft deep. So much for my weightless senko. Either way, it is a learning curve and that is what I was doing. Share the water with this cool little alligator as well.

floridafish1.jpg

Christmas24.jpg

Knowing there are big bass there I decide to go to BPS and get some weights and some drop shot bait.

I go back to the small lake and this little kid of 10 years old is slammin fish. He has caught about 4 catfish and a nice 3 pound bass while I am there. He is a british kid and I ask him what he using and he tells me sausages. They are hotdog wieners. I laugh but I take a couple from him and sure enough I catch 3 or 4 catfish. THey are all the same size

Christmas109.jpg

I actually stop laughing about the hot dog when the kid latches onto a legit 8 pound largie!!

On the last day we are there my wife suggests that I bring the rod and try for about an hour for a bass. I cut up the oscar meyers and away I go.

I manage a bunch of catfish and then a nice little largie.

floridafish2.jpg

With only 10 minutes to I am watching my line and I see it move. Something has picked up my 2 inch chunk of hotdog. I pick up my rod and set hook hard. Solid fish and it is coming to the surface. It tries to jump but only the head comes out. There is a huge crowd of tourists around and manage to reach down and lip the big bass to roaring approval of the crowd. It was so funny. People were cheering and clapping. I held the fish high as if I were Ike and had just won the Bassmaster classic.

The fish had a big big head. In another lake that fish could be 9 pounds. It was very long but not too fat. I didn't have my scale with me but it wa a good fish and a PB Largie for me.

It was fun for sure. Fitting that I caught my PB bass at the headquaters of B.A.S.S.Might have to try the old hotdog trick on Simcoe this july. lol

floridafish3.jpg

floridafish4.jpg

Nice Bucket man!!! ya gotta love the cheering tourists I had the same thing at the credit quite a few years ago landed a 15ish nook and when I lifted it out of the water for a pic the crowd that had gathered started clapping and cheering and lots of them were snapping pics and I'm pretty sure one dude was video taping the whole thing LOL.

I still think your gonna have a hard time topping that one in Ontario.