NOW ITS MY TURN TO RANT

mercman

I dont rant often, and i wasnt going to say anything.but the more i thought about it the more it upset me.

One of my suppliers got me a subscription to Musky Hunter magazine as a Christmas gift.A very thoughtful gift i must say.clapping.gif

Looking through it, i came to the last page, outer cover, and was shocked to see a Poodle in a blue sweater hanging from a fishhook by the sweater, and the caption 'Nothing handles musky lures like a St.Croix' huh.gif

I mean come on!!!! is there no other way to sell your rods, other than to illude to using a small dog as bait ?????

We have all seen or heard horrible stories of this kind of thing happening in real life, so you would think that St.Croix would be a little more sensitive about this.

The disclaimer in very fine print states the following 'No animals were harmed in the making of this ad, and st croix company in no way endorses or suggests the use of live poodles as musky bait(besides, who'd want to spend a day in the boat with one)

Give me a break !!! I hope the spca jumps all over their asshat.gif about this.

Thats allangel.png

thanks

It's a joke and it's kinda funny, see for yourself:

https://www.causewaybaitandtackle.com/popuplargeimage.asp?strImage=1830.jpg&strImageType=product&strPageTitle=St. Croix Poodle Poster

There is a space in the link so you may have to copy and paste it into a browser.

Okay, it did make me laugh...should have used a cat, though!!

I fully agree with you all who find it funny. It is kinda funny.And i have no problem with joking about it with you guys and bantering back and forth about it.The rant is about them using it on the back of a magazine featuring stories about fishing for musky, to sell thier rods.

Most of us know each other enough to know that when we joke about something, its just that.Its not necessarilly the way we trully feel.At least thats they way i approach the type of humor i have seen here.

Now that its been mentioned, i may have posted a bit differently if it had been a cat, who knows.sarcasm.gif

That advertisement has been out for years. The first one was just a white poodle. They followed that up with a firetiger sweater on it.

Personnaly I loved it and, being a muskie fisherman, had it hanging in my office for years. Mind you, some of the women weren't too fond of it, but it didn't offend anyone.

Edited by Lunker Larry

I never thought anyone would actually take offense with that ad and as has been mentioned already, it's been around for a long time. I've even used that picture on this board several times over the years when we've been joking about musky baits and one of our members even used it as his avatar picture for quite awhile.

It's just a bit of humor, nuthin more.

you are right it is funny. i have never seen it before because i have never had a subscription to a fishing mag.I guess i haven't been exposed to this type of advertising as often as some of you.whistling.gif

i guess there arent many poodle lovers in this crowd either.rofl2.gif

That ad is the reason why my girlfriend won't let me take out dog fishing. I think it's funny. She does not.

sigh......you too eh ?mellow.gif My wife freaked when she saw it, and the only way to calm her down was post this stupid rant thing in here.dumbest thing i've done in a long timewallbash.gifwallbash.gifwallbash.gifwallbash.gifwallbash.gif

Mercman

At the end of the day, you really have to laugh at the ad!

I'm a dog guy,and I'm not offended at all!

Of course my dog is a Lab!

Much bigger than those yappy little balls of fur! :clapping:

I fished a St.Croix rod for about 20 minutes once, but in spite of that, they have a good product, with a great guarantee. Give them a break.

We need to relax about this type of thing. Political correctness is contagious!

And that's my thoughts.