does any one else have this flu from hell

aniceguy

My daughter was fighting a bug for about a week. Nothing that would keep her from her activities but you could tell she was fighting something, the dark rings under her eyes were the key. Took her to the doctor last week Thursday after she could not fight it anymore. Diagnosed with bronchitis and was given an antibiotic. Sunday night she could not stop coughing. Took her to the Energency room since she has a past history of pnuemonia. Luckily she was still diagnosed with bronchitis and was given an inhaler to combat the cough. Today was her first day back to school in 5 days. Stay healthy .............

i allways used to get sick now i get a flu shot no flu in 5 years

BINGO.....flu shots are free and with my wife working with 500 rug rats everyday and I drive around the seniors in town a flu shot is a must and it WORKS....best advice is get one ASAP

Hope Everyone feels better before Christmas,

Bob, not Billy :santa:

Day 4 and feeling crappier by the day :angry:

wait until the cough gets to the rib cage and you pull a muscle..

typical medicine to treat symptoms like you all, but my wife made a chicken soup from scratch and I woke up feeling a bit better today

As to the flu shot we here believe that its better to have a strong immune system fight the virus, I see the merit I guess of a flu shot in elderly or immune compromised persons but with so many strains and mutations of a virus they jsut never get it right

Edited by aniceguy

I'm the same as Raf, I've never had a flu shot in my life, I never get the flu, and can't remember that last time I even had a simple cold, infact I've honestly never even had a headache.

I wake up every morning feeling like a million bucks and whatever I'm doin right, I hope to just keep on doin it.

I'm a lucky guy and I knock on wood everytime I tell someone about my good fortune.

I'm the same as Raf, I've never had a flu shot in my life, I never get the flu, and can't remember that last time I even had a simple cold, infact I've honestly never even had a headache.

I wake up every morning feeling like a million bucks and whatever I'm doin right, I hope to just keep on doin it.

I'm a lucky guy and I knock on wood everytime I tell someone about my good fortune.

Never a cold or even a headache? I think there may be a few scientists at the Mayo Clinic who might want to study you. :)

For those of you who haven't had a flu shot and was never infected by the flu, GOOD GOING...I hope you continue in this healthy matter.

My son is a doctor and he had to treat a 27 year old pregnant women last year with the H1N1 virus....she lost the baby and also died about a week later. I felt so bad for the family and I never even met them.

I hope everyone stays health for Christmas and for the New Year.

Bob

Never a cold or even a headache? I think there may be a few scientists at the Mayo Clinic who might want to study you. :)

True story Mike, 64 years old and I've never had a headache, yet the ironic part is my daughter suffers from frequent migrains.

I was curious about the flu shots as well. I don't make a habit of getting them, but I happened to be in the Doctors office and he offered. I said sure! Didn't think too much about it.

Anyways, i wonder how many that have this bug, also had the shot?

As for me, I don't feel all that great today. The way I been squeezing my butt cheeks together all day, I might just be in decent enough shape for a new set of spandex bike shorts in the new year!!! LOL

Anyone that knows me.....its enough to make you lose yer lunch ain't it? LOL

I have a POOR immune system and have had the flu shot since it became available,and still got the flu many times a year.BUT since I retired 4 years ago I am as healthy as a horse!! Therefor everyone should retire and pretend every day is Saturday to stay healthy:thumbsup_anim: :blahblah1: Thats my story and I am sticking to it..

vance

Day three:

Seems to be better today... but still no appetite and the song "Aqualung" comes to mind!

Tylenal night time has proven for me anyway, to be the ticket to a good nights sleep. Something I haven't had for a couple of nights.

Thank god this isn't a very busy time of the year!

And the green apple two step seems to have arrived!!!!

HH

Edited by Headhunter

Day three:

Seems to be better today... but still no appetite and the song "Aqualung" comes to mind!

Tylenal night time has proven for me anyway, to be the ticket to a good nights sleep. Something I haven't had for a couple of nights.

Thank god this isn't a very busy time of the year!

And the green apple two step seems to have arrived!!!!

HH

Yes, that Tylenol night time is indeed great for knocking you out at night & I found the daytime helped me function "somewhat" during the day. Bought this Tylenol complete which is supposed to be good for body aches, dry cough, phlegm/mucus blah blah but I don't find it as good as the daytime/nighttime stuff.

2nd day of being sick & none of us have an appetite, but have managed to cook a whole chicken which barely got eaten, and now I'm working on a homemade chicken noodle soup :clapping: Smells good but still not hungry <_<

Dammit I'm feeling like crap today :angry:

very tired, headache,body sore,little sore throat....2 naps and 3 showers today already..total cold and flu pills and 2000mg vitamins C and a couple boost drinks.... :blink:

Guess I should be popping the vitamin C's too. Just been focusing on the pills and a few drinks hehe :blink: Not liking this sickness at all :wallbash:

:stretcher: Jesus I dont think I've ever been this down before. Started last night and still feel the same now. Headace, bodyace's, and no appatite whatsoever. I feel like I 've had about 12 beer. Been sleepin and sweatin like no tomorrow and constantly takin showers with no such luck. Oh well heres hopin tomorrow is a better day. :stretcher: