Cooks Bay

Terry

went to Gilford to check out the ice conditions

lots of ice everywhere I check and lots of people out fishing so loaded up the toboggan and off I went

I am out of shape and found walking with the big boots pulling the toboggan hard going but I got out a ways drilled a hole and was only 10ft deep, so a quick rest and eastward I go....18ft this time next stop 20 ft and that was enough walking for me I set up the camera and the fishfinder and a couple of rods and my chair..... I wasn't marking any fish so I put a bigger spoon on with a small dropper jig and a 1" gulp minnow and I was able to draw some perch in but by the time I reeled in a fish the small group of fish I drew in would leave and I would need to do some more big jigging with the spoon to get them back.. fishing was slow but didn't feel like moving deeper

I had trouble with the camera not a real clear picture and the monitor was worst then the recorded video, so it was hard for me to see that was happening

the perch took off fast and some surprise visitors showed up (it wouldn't be a surprise to Joey, she would just catch them) caught a bunch of perch

let them all go, I will get a feed of them another day then I had the long walk in ..it's a lot longer walk in then the walk out.. here is a couple of minutes of video....perch and the surprise fish DSCF4101.jpg DSCF4100.jpg

<embed width="600" height="361" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullscreen="true" allowNetworking="all" wmode="transparent" src="http://static.photobucket.com/player.swf" flashvars="file=http%3A%2F%2Fvid25.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fc52%2FMrbeee1954%2Fperch2010-2011.mp4">

[media][/media]

Edited by Terry

the carp did scare away the perch, everytime the carp showed up the perch ran like hell

I guess the walking is good for me

there is no season on carp, so corn and away you go

it sure would be fun hooking them

but I would need to cut a bigger hole

Wow, really cool video Terry. What are you doing harrassing my carp :D

I am surprised they hang out together like that, never would have thought of them a a "social" fish, but I guess you learn something new every day ;)

Well I'm glad you braved it first, now we can make some serious weekend Simcoe plans :thumbsup_anim:

Thanks Terry.

Joey

Cool vid Terry. Good to know the ice is safe out there already. Would be pretty cool to target those carp through the ice for sure. Definitley different.

A question, where did you get the soft case for the HDS5? I haven't been able to find one for mine. Did it come with an ice transducer?

Thanks,

Aaron

yeah I was there when it happened

I felt bad for the carp

but it really was a sight to see