Clam Pop Up SHelters

livinisfishin

Love my Eastman Cube .. same basic design ... dont really go looking for pinholes so I cant say if it suffers the same issue... but all in all REALLY happy with it (although I recommmend the 4 man if there are 2 of you ... the 2 man is quite comfortable for one guy 2 holes...

Edited by camillj

Love my Eastman Cube .. same basic design ... dont really go looking for pinholes so I cant say if it suffers the same issue... but all in all REALLY happy with it (although I recommmend the 4 man if there are 2 of you ... the 2 man is quite comfortable for one guy 2 holes...

Is the eastman the same as all the hub style pop up shelters?

who carries otter , bass pro?

I have the guide that I bought 3 years ago. I am very happy with it, but I have to say, they have really cheaped out over the last couple of years. My buddy bought one for more than I paid for mine and he has these puny little seats, material is pathetically thin and the seats don't even slide or swivel. I do like the Equinox huts, they have put a lot into design and the materials are very good quality.

Rob

Edited by Rob C

Am I reading their site correctly.. you have to buy the sled as well as the Ice Inn to fit same separately?

Yes and no, They sell sleds separately if you only want the sled or replacement tops, you can also biy the complete packages, I think they're on another page.

http://www.otteroutdoors.com/portablefishhousepackages.html

Edited by Fisherman

What a shame how this company has gone downhill in the past few years,at one time there huts were top of the line.I've heard so many horror stories relating to the quality of there products lately I'll stay away from anything Clam Corp sells, there are far better products on the market at the same or cheaper prices.

In my experience, they will all do that in time. I've had an eskimo, and two clams that have both ended up like that. No big deal, they don't leak rain, and still block the wind. I can see your point about blacking out the hut though..........

S.

Similar to the Eastman. We have a couple of the 2 man Eastmans that I'm very impressed with them. Not because they keep the wind off our backs, but because they have been to hell and back and are still nice and tight. When tethered at all sides while using snow kicks, they are bomb proof.

I have the CTC version of the Eastman Cube (Sub Zero). I like it, but there are a million pin holes in it and the wind does go right through it on a cold windy day. Even with my Mr.Buddy heater it can be a bit cool with the wind blowing through it. I sprayed mine at the end of last season, so hopefully it helps with the wind a bit.

Other than it starting to come apart in the corners and strap pockets, it has been a good shelter for me. I use it a lot and it has gone through 3 years of heavy use, so I am happy. I do like the design and it is great for 2 people to fish in. Lots of room and comfortable for 2 guys with all their gear. It is a good option for guys that walk like me, or have an ATV and pack light.

It is very stable in the wind with all the straps secured to the ice, but the drawback is set-up time, and anchoring the ice anchors are labour intensive unless you have a cordless drill. I find moving often is a chore with set-up and tear-down times. Having said that, I believe the pop-up style hut is the best option for guys that walk that enjoy spending time in the same hut and socialize.

I imagine that most of the pop-up style shelters are similar. I am interested in the Clam pop-up with the thermal, as that should solve the wind problem and condensation dripping down. Also, the Clam pop-up has 2 doors in opposite corners which is brilliant.

Good fishing!

Aaron

Went to canadian tire today, the ht 4 man instashak price was $ 299. I asked when it would go on sale and was told second week of january..asked how much, $50 off. So total $250. Went to the lebaron website as suggested and saw the same hut for $212 dollars. The two man is $150. Thinking of going there now.