my deer hunt didn, last long

rickster

I had to work on the morning of the 30th (opening morning) so I couldn't make it to the stand til about four oclock after the sons hockey practice.

Wasn't long til I had about nine does and fawns in the field.

Just at sunset a decent 10 point came out and began checking out the females.

Fifteen minutes go by and the ten point looks behind him and his tail goes down.

I'm thinking whatever is coming has kicked this guys butt once before.

He walked out about eighty yards away and just stood looking out over the field.

With only ten minutes left of legal shooting time left I cranked up the power on my scope and took the shot.

It looked like a good shot so I hurried down to look for blood but it was getting dark fast so I went back to my truck for a flashlight and began searching.

After about ten minutes of searching I finally found a couple of drops but didn't feel real good because of the small amount of blood.

With temps dropping below zero that night I decided to leave him til morning.

Found him the next day about twenty yards from where I found the drops of blood laying stone dead in the swamp grass.

This has to be my shortest hunting season ever.

Any way here are a few pics of me and my son with the deer before we tagged and field dressed him.

IMG_2015.jpg

IMG_2016.jpg

IMG_2017.jpg

IMG_2019.jpg

and this is my favorite pic

quite the smile on my sons face

IMG_2018.jpg

Now to start thinking of ice fishing with those tasty deer sausages

I know yer not trying to rub it in Rick. :clapping::clapping:

I think he is just showing you what a real buck looks like for reference incase you come across another fallen tree root system. Cause ya know, it's been a while... :whistling::D

Beauty buck Rick.

Edited by Harrison

Guest Johnny Bass

Looks like someone is going to be eating well! Nice big buck! You can see the hunting fever in your sons eyes(first pick)!Hope he shares the same passion for fishing!

I think he is just showing you what a real buck looks like for reference incase you come across another fallen tree root system. Cause ya know, it's been a while... :whistling::D

I'm not a hunter...and that's still FUNNY :clapping:

Sorry Brian. But I did get a good chuckle out of that.

Phil didn't your folks teach you anything about provoking newfies with guns :dunno:

BTW Rickster thanx for sharing your pics, congrats. Looks like you got a future hunting partner for sure.

Edited by crappieperchhunter

Phil didn't your folks teach you anything about provoking newfies with guns :dunno:

Oh, me brudder knows wheres I am coming from, all in fun.

Although, I did spent 3 weeks in Newfie where one guy did not get where I was coming from. He was either calling me a toonie or asking for one, or so I thought. As I pulled one out to give him, he blew his lid. He was actually calling me a "townie". That was a fun night.

Again, nice buck Rick. My freezer is still void of venison.

Edited by Harrison