Lost a fishing partner and a canadian veteran today

vance

Passin' my condolences to you too bud. 90 years is a great life and lots of memories to hold on to. My Grand-father was 92 when he passed. He just loved fishing and fished as long as he was able. He made many trips into Ontario over the years.

Edited by Rich Clemens

So sorry to hear of your loss Vance. I have tears in my eyes this morning as my Dad is in the final stages of lung cancer. I have no doubt that all of our Dad's who have passed are there with us in spirit doing the things that we loved to do together.

Keep your chin up and remember him fondly.

John..

I lost my dad back in 2001, at the age of 74, and he was the one who taught me creek fishing for specks. Spent many a day with him in summer persuing them, when he was available to do it. He then entered into an agreement with 4 other guys, my uncle, and 3 others whom I knew well, and purchased a lease agreement from CN on a property near Atikokan, and that is where I spent one whole heckuva lot of time in my teens to early 20's.

Fond memories, that will last a lifetime, glad you had your dad around a bit longer than I did, and cherish the memories spent with him.

My dad was technically a veteran also, but he did not see any action, he was on a ship headed overseas when the war ended, and it turned around and went back to Nova Scotia? HMCS Cornwall?? if I remember correctly, he was a stoker on a Corvette.

He also was stationed in Esquimalt BC,(before he was in the east of Canada) and i have pictures of the Japanese "prisoner" ships he took still around here somewheres.