Float fishing for deer ???

This shows how tough these animals really are !

Anyone who has fished the lower niagara river knows that it would almost be certain death if someone tried to swim across it, especially up near the glen or whirlpool.

While shore fishing we noticed something out in the middle...and it seemed to be coming towards us, making its way around the steady flow of boats drifting down the river.

Next thing you know a whitetail pops up out of the river and goes straight up the steep bank behind us. Not something you see everyday that is for sure.

I wonder if customs stopped it to check its passport ?? :)

nov8(6).jpg

nov8(5).jpg

nov8(4).jpg

Edited by rippinlipsfishingteam

HAH?! How the heck can those little toothpick legs propel them to swim at all let alone across the lower niagara. Im perplexed, seriously lol

Gumption would be an understatement.

that one in my picture was actually swimming up current and making some good distance , he got out about 100 yards up river from where i was standing, i couldnt believe how well it swam either in that water

that one in my picture was actually swimming up current and making some good distance , he got out about 100 yards up river from where i was standing, i couldnt believe how well it swam either in that water

MINN KOTA need i say morerofl2.gif

excellent shots.

Years ago on a fly in out of Chapleau we spotted something out in the bay while we where eating our breakfast and planning our day. Jumped in the boats and motored out to have a look. A big cow moose at least a mile from the closest shore just swimming along. We circled her for awhile and got some pictures and then left her alone. She was really moving. The wake she was making made it look like she had a 6HP motor strapped to her behind. She proceeded to swim at least another 2 miles to a point farther away from our camp before she got out of the water.

Very powerfull swimmer.I imagine a deer would be the same.

Thx for your post. Brought back a memory from a very good trip.

Cool Pics. I have actually seen the aftermath when they don't make it all the way across.

Naturally removes the weak from the herd.

Cheers,

Mark

a few get swept over the falls every year around this time. I have a friend that witnessed it once, she said it was one of the most horrible things she's seen.According to the parks police every year they get reports of deer getting swept over, I guess it's part of nature.

That's pretty cool for sure. A couple of years ago I rounded a corner on the Nipigon River and saw two Moose swimming downstream towards me. I couldn't believe it when they turned around and started swimming upstream away from me. This is water where a 9.9 hp outboard will barely move you upstream. Nature never ceases to amaze!!

Moose1.jpg

Moose2.jpg