It appears that an OFN'er has caught a Canadian Record

Muskieman

Thanks everyone. It was one heck of a fish to say the least.

Rick, we were fishing in Tony`s boat. Viral... ya never know, but it`s a drum, not a musky lol.

Aaron..it is clearly the largest drum ever caught. No matter what the species, a record is a record. If we can look forward to big drum like that, more people will definitely be targeting them!

Rick, agreed. A record is a record, and that is why I am dissapointed with myself that I didn`t keep it to weigh on an official scale. Oh well, can`t worry about it, just enjoy the moment.

There are a lot of big drum up to 15lbs caught while fishing for walleye in the reach. Tony got 2 that went about 15lbs over the weekend, with several drum over 10lbs (watch for my Quinte report soon). They fight much harder than walleye, and keep us entertained well between walleye bites :clapping:

Aaron entered Tony’s boat for a good day of fishing on the BOQ.

Aaron said, “Tony, see that Lowrance colour fish finder with side imaging technology...I invented that”

“But do they call me a revolutionary, technological, fishing genius? No...”

Then Aaron gestured over to the wide expanse of Lake O and said, “1 mile out, I rescued another fisherman whose boat was capsizing along with his wife, 6 kids, 2 dogs and next door neighbour.”

Aaron continued, “Do they call me a hero? No...”

Then Aaron said to Tony, “See how the regulations for walleye now protect the prime spawners unlike before? I was the head lobbyist and at the forefront for all of that”

“But am I known for my groundbreaking conservation efforts? No...”

Aaron looks around nervously, then whispers to Tony

“But you get one huge sheephead to suck up your worm and put a bend in your rod...”

Congrats Aaron :thumbsup_anim:

Edited by MJL

Using standard measurement tools (ie first to fourth knuckle on average man =3 inches) and using that for scale, I get 36 inches in length. Using girth=2.5x width=26 inches.

36X26 inches

Using those measurements on a few fish weight calculators, I get a weight between 28 and 30 pounds...so this is likely close.

The fight went...

Aaron takes a port side rod which goes screaming.... the fish ends up back at 660 last we know of it before Tony takes another rod that fires starboard. I'm eating some delish Fondue and passing gas, but am forced to clear three lines.

Tony lands his sheepie...

Autumn10-033-1.jpg

... then we clear the last line, enjoy some more delish Fondue and a Black Forest cake from Timmies, and pop the boat in neutral to wait for ole Aaron to quit showboating.

Aaron's fish is staying down but finally it surfaces like a whale, spits out a 36-inch muskie and is in the net.

The rest becomes his official (between us all and those who matter) Ontario record.

The End.

Autumn10-034b-1.jpg

Autumn10-034d-1.jpg

Autumn10-034a-1.jpg