So I win 15 million in lotto max

kickingfrog

There are loads of nice houses on the north shore of kbay but that is my fave. I was in the boat today and I past it and I would be happy living in the boat house. I love that house. Tazxes not too bad.

That big grey house in Tollendale was listed at 7.5 million and because it was in Barrie their taxes were $67,500 per year. You give me that house I would have a hard time paying to stay there.

... and I still could not buy this place on Simcoe. :wallbash:

How much is too much? :dunno:

I asked the same question of a 6 bedroom cottage on Cresent harbour Rd. (Mapleview). My wife's uncle stated that he want's his kids and their families to be able to enjoy it on their own or all together without sacrificing comfort. Fair enough. It also doesn't hurt that its been a safe investment. Okay, I'll give him that.

But then again, we're talking a fraction of the value and only $8000/yr in taxes.

I'm sure he'd be in the "that's damn rediculous!" camp along with the rest of us regarding that place!

One thing I notice. You can have a big house and lots of money.

But in this case it didn't buy taste. The only thing I like is the pool.

Was it the Zellers patio furniture that turned you off?

The pool is pretty slick!

I think that is the house that Brian B and I were fishing in front of, and Brian said to the guy "Hey nice house" and the guy replies in a European accent " that is not a house, it is our cottage" :worthy: Brian muttered a few words to me that are not acceptable in this type of forum!!! :thumbsup_anim:

Rob C

I say if you've got it spend it!

Quoted from the article:

"The library has walls panelled in wood from butternut trees.

“It’s hard to get. That’s what we learned during the construction,” Mr. Bell says of the butternut."

Of course it's hard to get butternut wood! If it wasn't hard to get every hovel inhabited by the unwashed masses would be lined with it!

Excuse me now, I have to get back to my puppy mill.

Of course it's hard to get butternut wood! If it wasn't hard to get every hovel inhabited by the unwashed masses would be lined with it!

Exactly what are you implying?

The butternut I used for my shed was a bit of a chore to find but not as bad as sourcing pink ivory for the fascia. ;)