MY FIRST SHARKS!

I've got a few things to sort out for tomorrow's FISH-A-THON but I had to squeeze in this report! :thumbsup_anim: This week I spent 3 days traveling out to Nova Scotia for a "business trip". :whistling: When we go out and shoot show's we work hard, but we play hard to! Dave is a great friend and boss and always tries to get the work out of the way so the whole crew can get into some fish! :thumbsup_anim:

Anyways, we went out with Art from Blue Shark Charters. I met him last year and we hit it off right from the start. He spent years sailing the oceans while in the Navy and any spare time he had was spent fishing for BIG FISH. He truly know's his stuff, especially when it comes to sharks. His stories alone are wroth the trip in my opinion!

Anyways, on to the fish!!! Art has all the big gear for giant sharks, but when itty bitty 5 or so footers come to the boat he set's you up with light tackle! :wallbash: I set the hook on a 5 footer with my medium heavy bass rod and this little shark doubled it over and was gone in a split second...

DSCF4038.jpg

DSCF4040.jpg

The fight likely only lasted 10 minutes or so but I was absolutely whooped!

DSCF4042.jpg

After measuring the shark and doing all the tagging and such we held him up for a quick picture and back into the drink he went! He was 59 inches to the inside of it's tail, and pushing 67 tip to tip. Not a huge shark by any means, but a first for me, and it out fought anything I've ever caught by a LONG SHOT!

DSCF4047.jpg

DSCF4048.jpg

DSCF4049.jpg

After our other camera op. got a shark I was up for #2. All on 85lb power pro! Most guys use like like that for flippin bass! haha

DSCF4045.jpg

I can't even describe how pumped you get when you set the hook into one of these bad boys and the line starts PEELIN'!

Anyways, we all caught fish and had a great time, but nobody came close to the one that took Dave TWO HOURS - YES - 2 HOURS...ok 1 hour and 55 minutes.... But on heavy tackle to bring in!!!!! :thumbsup_anim: It was absolutely insane, but you'll have to wait for the show to air to see that one :D

Here's a few more pix....

Sunrise...

DSCF4014.jpg

Runnin' out!

DSCF4024.jpg

yummy!

DSCF4016.jpg

See anything cool in this pic??? Who can pick it out?

DSCF4030.jpg

Runnin back in...

DSCF4051.jpg

Sunset over the Atlantic Ocean!

DSCF4058.jpg

You could feel the wind and waves getting bigger and stronger as the day went on! I hope and wish for the best for all my friends and family members back on the east coast!

Hope you enjoyed my report - and for everybody fishing the Fish-A-Thon tomorrow, I'll see you out there!

Cheers,

Ryan

submarine?????

You win! :thumbsup_anim: one of our Navy Subs...

Congrats on your first shark Ryan :w00t::clapping::worthy:

Sounds like it gave you an awesome fight B)

Thanks for sharing your trip with us

Jacques

Thanks Jacques! I got your fish-a-thon gift this afternoon! it's awesome! I'm going to post some pix on the other thread shortly!

Great report Ryan! You're building muscles are you? Glad you had a good time and I look forward to Daves show. There's a sub in the pic. Or, in Daves case, would that be a sub in the way? :)

haha yeah a Navy Sub was in the way of that big cruise ship... we heard over the radio that for some reason the sub had the right of way! haha So the cruise ship had to change course and make a big wide turn around it.

Great stuff, Ryan!! Must have been a thrill catching those! The fish will be considerably smaller tomorrow :lol:

Yeah Frank - I said that right after my first Shark... "well anything I catch on saturday is pretty much gonna suck now" lol

Cheers,

Ryan

Guest Johnny Bass

Congrats on your first shark. I had the chance to do some shark fishing at night in Florida but declined. Looking forward to seeing Dave land the big one.

hey ryan,

did you get sick out there? lol.

congrats

Ryan is pretty good at trying to hide things but I did some investigating and found he had doctored up the pics. This is how he really looked in the photo, nice work Ryan.whistling.gif

DSCF4045 copygreen.jpg

biggrin.gif

Great to see you with your first shark!! Congrats. On my bucket list of things to do. I should be green myself today with the wind but my passengers bailed on me last minute.mad.gif Can't blame them as they don't have any rain gear but I could have been at the Fish-A-Thon.wallbash.gif Hope things are going well today and we'll catch up soon. Nice to see my package got to you in time.

Looking forward to the show!!