France Holiday Pics

limeyangler

Hi all,

Back from my hols, only fished twice for a total of 2 hours, most of the time was spent with family at our house with a few outings to Bordeaux and some local rivers for swimming with our young lad.

JACK LOVED PLAYING WITH MUM AND GWAMMA

IMG_0772.jpg

JACK LIKED HELPING GWAMMA WITH HER HERB GARDEN MOST DAYS

IMG_0784.jpg

IMG_0783.jpg

LOTS OF TIME SPENT JUST GOOFING AROUND

IMG_0746-1.jpg

IMG_0760.jpg

IMG_0762.jpg

STILL LUVS MUM ALMOST AS MUCH AS COUS-COUS

IMG_0792.jpg

ALSO WENT ON MANY WALKS TO COLLECT BLACKBERRIES....NOT MANY MADE IT AS FAR AS THE PIE

IMG_0729.jpg

IMG_0730.jpg

IMG_0740-1.jpg

IMG_0735-1.jpg

IMG_0739.jpg

THE GRAPES ON OUR VINES WENT DOWN WELL TOO (click on pic for video)

th_jackeatinggrapesFrance2010.jpg

WE ALL ENJOYED HANGING OUT AT THE POOL MOST DAYS

IMG_0725.jpg

IMG_0716.jpg

IMG_0708.jpg

JACK EVEN WENT FOR HIS FIRST SWIM IN THE OCEAN WHEN WE VISITED THE COAST NEAR BORDEAUX

IMG_0700.jpg

IMG_0705.jpg

AFTERNOONS BY THE RIVER WERE ALSO PLENTIFULL

IMG_0661.jpg

IMG_0673.jpg

IMG_0660.jpg

IMG_0682.jpg

IMG_0590.jpg

EVEN MANAGED TO GO FISHING TWICE

IMG_0697.jpg

IMG_0696.jpg

IMG_0693.jpg

IMG_0691.jpg

IMG_0686.jpg

EVENINGS WERE QUIET...JUST SPENT TIME WITH MY WIFE, BABY MUM AND DAD

IMG_0601-1.jpg

IMG_0604.jpg

IMG_0619.jpg

IMG_0650.jpg

IMG_0648.jpg

IMG_0638.jpg

IMG_0651.jpg

AND RAMBLING AROUND THE COUNTRYSIDE MEETING INTERESTING CHARACTERS

IMG_0582.jpg

IMG_0580.jpg

IMG_0656.jpg

ALAS IT WAS TIME TO COME HOME

IMG_0796.jpg

SPENT AN EXTRA DAY IN WINNIPEG AS THE @#$#@#$ BROKE INTO OUR VEHICLE AND TOTALLED THE IGNITION

IMG_0798.jpg

IMG_0799.jpg

IMG_0801.jpg

IMG_0802.jpg

AFTER 2 WEEKS OF ALMOST NO FISHING I LASTED ONE DAY BEFORE THE BOAT CAME OUT(click on pic for video)

th_BackfromFrancebacktofishing.jpg

Edited by limeyangler

Awesome trip, pics & videos Simon :thumbsup_anim:

From all of the pics you posted in this report.... this one has to be my favorite :worthy:

Man is little Jack ever growing fast.... and looks like you two are having a blast B)

IMG_0760.jpg

Thanks for taking the time to put this report together and sharing your trip with us!!!

On a side note..... As-tu eu l'opportuniter d'apprendre quelques mots en Français le temps que tu as passer en France??

Hope you understand.... if not, I'll translate for you ;)

Again welcome back and thanks for sharing

Jacques

Thanks for the replies guys, aalways appreciated.

Thanks for sharing! Too bad about the car, hope everything ends up ok and karma comes around!

I can't believe that there are perch in Europe too!

Do you know what kind of trouts are the same in Europe too?

What bothers me is karma is a 2 way thing, i must have done something pretty crappy...lol....dunno what it was though.

the perch in Europe are Perca fluviatilis whereas in N. America they are Perca flavescens. Whilst the N.american yellow perch get big i think the european ones get bigger

BRITISH RECORD PERCH OVER 5LBS

5lb-perch.jpg

As for trout i think you generally get most of the species you get here, with a few you cant get here.

Sorry about the car. Spent a week outside of Tours a few summers ago at a friends Aunt's house. Your pics reminded me of the good times.

LOL...i know Tours, used to miss the turn to the highway everytime whislt driving down from England, spent alot of time in one way systems in that town!

Sorry to hear about the car. Airport lots are anything but secure.

Beautiful countryside for exploring. Thanks for the pics.

That lad is sure growing some. The face and red hair say pure mischief in the making :devil:

Thanks Bruce, yup...trouble is on the way!

Welcome back Simon. Missed your posts and vids. Jack is getting big and I cant get over the red hair. Karter turned 17 months old today. He has fallen down the stairs and split his lip open in the last few days. He is a BUSY boy. Glad you had a nice trip. Sucks about the car.

Blair

Nice report and too bad about the car.

My daughter and son-in-law just got back from a 16 day honeymoon trip to France and Spain. They visited places like Paris, Dijon, Chamonix, Annesi, Carcasonne, San Sebastien and Madrid....just saw some of the pics last night and all I can say is I'm going there someday.

Limeyangler,

I'll be the first to admit that i am very 'narrow minded" when it comes to things like vacationing in Europe. It's just something that would never interest me....until I see your report! LOL

The pictures around the parents farm are amazing! Thanks for 'the eye opener"!

The majority of my travels have been in the US and there are some amazing sights there and here in other parts of Canada as well, but I am always glad to be back home again! I guess there really is no place like it!

I really enjoyed looking at your pictures and videos. Thanks

For whatever reason, it doesn't matter what kind of report you post, pal....they are always a pleasure to read. What a beautiful place your parents have...and the pics of Jack are great....I love his two-handed stance with the rod LOL

Awesome trip, pics & videos Simon :thumbsup_anim:

From all of the pics you posted in this report.... this one has to be my favorite :worthy:

Man is little Jack ever growing fast.... and looks like you two are having a blast B)

IMG_0760.jpg

Thanks for taking the time to put this report together and sharing your trip with us!!!

On a side note..... As-tu eu l'opportuniter d'apprendre quelques mots en Français le temps que tu as passer en France??

Hope you understand.... if not, I'll translate for you ;)

Again welcome back and thanks for sharing

Jacques

I think you are asking if i picked up any french words while away...lol...my French is more like Franglais...a bit of a hybrid language but i get by. I talk to all the fishermen along the banks of the river...seems like fishing is a universal language.

Awesome Simon. Hey sometimes Jack looks like Mom then sometimes like you, but the older he gets I think he favors ole dad. Ha ha your dad laid back in his coveralls. Sweeeet! We should all be so lucky. Thanks for sharing

Thanks man, lol...in fact me and jack did lots of bonding while there, really pissed mum off as he always wanted dad.

Welcome back Simon. Missed your posts and vids. Jack is getting big and I cant get over the red hair. Karter turned 17 months old today. He has fallen down the stairs and split his lip open in the last few days. He is a BUSY boy. Glad you had a nice trip. Sucks about the car.

Blair

hey Blair, thanks for the welcome back...OFC ROCKS!

Its terrible when the start exploring, Jack has had his fair share of bumps...never forget when he faceplanted the hard floor in Walmart...the bump was the size of a grapefruit...people looking at me like i was abusing the kid!

Nice report and too bad about the car.

My daughter and son-in-law just got back from a 16 day honeymoon trip to France and Spain. They visited places like Paris, Dijon, Chamonix, Annesi, Carcasonne, San Sebastien and Madrid....just saw some of the pics last night and all I can say is I'm going there someday.

If you go...make sure you get to carcasonne, fantastic history (cathar's, holy grail stuff etc..) and amazing sceneryarchitecture and climate.

Limeyangler,

I'll be the first to admit that i am very 'narrow minded" when it comes to things like vacationing in Europe. It's just something that would never interest me....until I see your report! LOL

The pictures around the parents farm are amazing! Thanks for 'the eye opener"!

The majority of my travels have been in the US and there are some amazing sights there and here in other parts of Canada as well, but I am always glad to be back home again! I guess there really is no place like it!

I really enjoyed looking at your pictures and videos. Thanks

No worries Rattle, glad you enjoyed the pics...travelling the US is something i'd like to do more of too.

For whatever reason, it doesn't matter what kind of report you post, pal....they are always a pleasure to read. What a beautiful place your parents have...and the pics of Jack are great....I love his two-handed stance with the rod LOL

The fishimng pics are my favourite too JB. How's the new job goin?

The fishing pics are my favourite too JB. How's the new job goin?

Well it has its fair share of stress, but having the weekends off is AWESOME...every weekend is like a mini-vacation thumbsup_anim.gif Not that I am getting a TON of fishing with little miss baby-pants crawling around the place....but I'm not going insane either...so it's all good.