My Summer of Fishing July-Now Report

MCTFisher9120

Hey Guys and Girls how is everybody?? Well for the past summer I worked full time for 2 months then after that in July I made my way out to visit some family and get some summer project work done for Fleming College, I have been out in the Township of Leeds and the Thousand Islands.

If you know the area you know its beautiful territory for bass and a destination to spend the summer. As always I had my camera on every trip out in the boat. It was a awesome summer and I learned lot’s more about bass fishing and the joy of the sport.

Here are a collection of photo’s and memories from my trips this past summer. I caught lot’s of fish at the start but finding bigger fatter bass for me in most locations consisted of rock, weeds and deep water. I picked up a bunch of healthy 3lb+ fish on jigs and snag proof frogs in weeds or on edges close to water up to 20ft deep. It’s cool how some of the drops on this lake and the joining canal can produce such awesome looking structure.

Now being said I caught fish on the big heavy bait cast stick but I also took time to fish finesse baits in deeper water and also a little pike fishing here and there

Here are a couple nice photographs of stuff.

14.jpg

15.jpg

16.jpg

17.jpg

18.jpg

19.jpg

31.jpg

32.jpg

33.jpg

35.jpg

45.jpg

Well on to the fun stuff, first off I have a few fish from a body of water and a few more pictures I want to share before I get onto the many, many bass pics.

Basically here are some pictures of a lake never photographed or hardly fished except by a local here and there. The lake is not easy to get into. First you need to cross the main lake, then make your way paddling through a creek like swamp…maybe 8”deep at the most, lol. Over the dozen or so logs and 15minutes later I come up to a beaver dam, once the 12ft boat, motor and all are over we are in awe…just looking at this small lake was awesome. It’s called Mud Lake and the average depth is 2ft deep with a mud bottom. As a experiment I dropped my anchor into it with 20ft of rope and it never reached bottom.

Being a unpreserved fishery fish were aggressive and always hitting lures, it was fun. Here are a few pictures from the trip in and a few of the fish we caught in the pond.

22.jpg

23.jpg

24.jpg

25.jpg

27.jpg

28.jpg

29.jpg

30.jpg

36.jpg

37.jpg

40.jpg

41.jpg

zz48.jpg

And last here are a bunch of pictures of some better than average bass. Most fish are close to 3 or bigger.
Here we go!
2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

13.jpg

34.jpg

The 5lb 8oz
38.jpg

39.jpg

42.jpg

43.jpg

44.jpg

46.jpg

ScreenHunter_01Aug181224.jpg

Well that’s it, all said and done.

Anyway, it was a great time for bass fishing, hope to post up a few more “day trip” reports bass fishing this fall.

Thanks for reading and/or skimming through the pictures,
MTBF

Rods:
7’H Action St Croix Legend Tournament Bass (Casting)
6’9” ML Action St Croix Avid Series (Spinning)
7’2” MH Rapala R-Type(Casting

Reels:
Shimano Curado 200E7
Shimano Symetre 3000
Rapala R-Type Baitcaster

Baits Used:
Senkos
Booyah Pigskin Jigs
Strike King Premier Jigs
Terminator Spinnerbaits
Snag Proof Frogs
Husky Jerks
Fin Tech Shakey Jigs w Berkley Chigger Craws

And one of my favorites, a picture I shot after a rainfall 2 hours ago
ScreenHunter_02Aug191920.jpg

Edited by MikeTheBassFisher

That 2ft lake has me thinking now.....

I know of one that is 4ft at the deepest and I never see anyone on it.... the "locals" who stopped when i was scoping it from my van tell me there is no fish in it....

hmmmmmm

Great report bro

Looking forward to your report from the trip you won last spring too :whistling:

Now that is some awesome fishing and scenery. I've went around to a few of those kingston area lakes, and the fish seem much more willing to bite than at the kawarthas!

I'm surprised I don't see lines from the trails of your frogs on those pictures with all the slop!

You still over in the Kingston area?

nice job Mike. Nice loon pics. Guess that is why they call you Mike the Bass Fisher. I even like the fact that I saw a few smalljaws on there. Funny how some of those bass are fat and some are real thin. Keep up the good work. That bowfin is sick too. That must have been a scrap.

Guest Johnny Bass

Mike. Are you sure your not 4 foot 11? You make those bass look huge! Some real pigs in that collection. Looks like you had a great summer of bass fishin!