The Backdoor Hijack On Kesagami's Pike.

Moosebunk

Great photos! Ever since your ice fishing reports I have always wanted to head up there. Glad to hear that outpost has a new owner too! Based on what I read i the past, I would have never gone before.

Thanks for the great report.

Guest Johnny Bass

Excellent report! I remember Kesagami being showcased on both Real Fishing and Canadian Sportfishing. I even called to see how much it would cost me. Its a little on the steep side(around $3,000) but if you can afford it, there is some monster pike(and pickerel) to be had like Moosebunk has successfully demonstrated.

What a fantastic trip.

I would have gone just for the food!!!!!

Who am I kidding the chow was great but the main attraction were the huge Kesagami GATORS, GIGANTIKORS and the GNARLY SNARLIN DARLIN'S

Catching walleye on anything you tossed in the water and did I mention the GATORS, GIGANTIKORS and the GNARLY SNARLIN DARLIN'S........... B)

Being mostly a trout guy I went up a big pike rookie hoping to get into just one of Kesagami's 40+ gators,

then I just got greedy :P

My belly is still sore from the trip although I'm not sure if its from the double portion chef Bunk meals or from laughing like mad at Grants jokes.

I owe Carl a big one for hooking me up with the lure I couldn't seem to grab before heading out on the trip (gonna have to call Mikey and order a half doz.).

Bunk cant thank you enough for the invite. :worthy:

My belly is still sore from the trip although I'm not sure if its from the double portion chef Bunk meals or from laughing like mad at Grants jokes.

Sadly the scale at work says I put on 10lbs that trip. Beer, meat and cheesecake everynight before bed and mittfuls of Jelly Bellies and chocolate in the afternoon did nothing for the diet. lol.

Looking forward to hearing how ya made out in NW Ontario. Hope you found those trout. I'll keep an eye open for the report and when I get back in September we'll take a monday and hit the hills.

Earlier this year just before the ice was getting dicey to tip-toe on and before cabin fever set in, I was offered an invite to slay giants. How could one pass up another 'trip of a lifetime'? Bunk was putting this one together again so I quickly obliged. Waiting for open water was now not so bad....it was even worse.

Maurice & Christine at True North Air are absolutely fabulous hosts. I would highly recommend what they have to offer in outdoor adventure.

The crew of Carl, Mike and Bunk made my vacation a blast. Great guys to share in the 'experience' and one that I will have great memories for years to come.

I will also shout out an honorable mention to James, our pilot. This dude was ultimately responsible for carting our arses to and from our destination while peering down at gods country from thousands of feet in the air. Thank you again James!!

063.jpg

As Bunk stated, I was amazed at the size of Kesagami Lake from the air and while on tour on it's vast, seemingly endless surface in search of giant fish. Respect.

Mike-BigK-2010119.jpg

The daily regiment of walking the trail from Patridge to the big lake and back everyday added to the experience for sure. At one point late in the week, I stopped for a moment on the trail and asked if anyone knew what was happening in the 'outside' world? No reply.....just keep moving ya ninja! I did think again of family and friends and maybe some hockey trades that may or may not have happened ....geeez.

638.jpg

The fishing was nothing short of nirvana for personal bests for the crew. AWESOME work guys!!!!!My PB would have to exceed 45-46" to get a cigar in this club. I did potentially have a fish of that magnitude crush my spinnerbait like an Orca slashing through a school of Salmon..........insert several minutes of explatives here. This is exactly why I have to go back!!!

Mike-BigK-2010110.jpg

Walleye!! Man o' man Partidge Lake is teeming with them. We had sooooo much fun fishing or should I say catching them almost every night coming back to camp or just going out for an hour or so. Carl and I laughed and laughed over the constant double headers of Walleye while having to only select a certain few to be wrapped in bacon for the BBQ. Here is a picture of the 'grocerey store' under an almost full moon.

Mike-BigK-2010097.jpg

The food was perfect! Bunk is a great bush chef. Meal planning on his part is very important to our sustinance and survival. As big and fat as I am, the meals were more than enough to nourish...plus dessert day in day out.

177.jpg

I keep coming back to this as I look over the hundreds of photos that were taken.

Bunk-BigK-2010101.jpg

Thanks again lads!! Hopefully for me, you guys will have to put up with me again on another trip of a lifetime.

I did gain some expected extra weight on this tour. I seriously need to work diligently on losing an extra 30lbs as I want to be jumping out of a perfectly good aircraft come Spring. I also hope to further my guitar work over the winter with covering everything that I have not done by Iron Maiden and Judas Priest.

Bring on cold weather Bass/Muskie/panfish.....ICE!!!

I don't post often here.

Cheers,

Grant.