Where would you go in mid-October?

myst

Hey guys, me and a few friends usually go to a lodge for a week every summer, but a couple of them had problems getting time off this year and we won't all have a week off until mid-October. We had originally wanted to do our first fly-in this year, but now we're thinking it's going to be freezing at that time in Northern Ontario. What are our other options? Maybe somewhere in the U.S.? I've been trying to do some research but it seems like there's not too many areas like Ontario with lodges and boat rentals, etc. We definitely want to fish out of boats. We're willing to make a pretty long drive or maybe fly. Thanks in advance!

What is your target species?

HH

Honestly, we're not good enough to target one species, we just try a bunch of different methods depending on what there is in the lake. Of course catching a trophy would be awesome, that's why we were going to do a fly-in, for some big pike and walleye. But we can't be too picky, as long as it's not crazy cold. Oh I guess I should mention I'm in Ottawa.

Exactly what I was thinking Roy, hence my question.

Contact "Fishhunter", he's a member here and well, you will be hard pressed to find more trophy Pickereyes than what are available in Quinte and Lloyd's a geat guy.

So, there you have it! My work here is done. :whistling:

HH

Exactly what I was thinking Roy, hence my question.

Contact "Fishhunter", he's a member here and well, you will be hard pressed to find more trophy Pickereyes than what are available in Quinte and Lloyd's a geat guy.

So, there you have it! My work here is done. :whistling:

HH

Will do, does he run a lodge there?

No, Lloyd runs a charter boat on Quinte, in the fall. I'm sure though, that he could suggest accomodations for you.

Lloyd will work his ass off for you, to put you on fish. How do I know this, well I have seen it first hand. Last fall I saw Wayne hanging off the back of Lloyd's boat, with a long net, reaching for something in the water. Terry was holding his feet so he wouldn't fall in and I could hear Dano yelling "if it's not a white perch, I don't want it".

Turns out they were trying to retrieve Lloyd's ass as it had fallen overboard during a frenzie of activity.

HH

From the reports that have come out of Lloyd's customers I would be hard pressed to argue with HH n Roy. We down here in Virginia have a lot of guide services but we have few lodges. You will usually have to use a hotel ($$$) plus a guide ($$$)both are expensive but they are needed to have a great trip. If it is something that you would like to go for I suggest you think Saltwater the fish varieties are huge and it is something that Canada can not offer easily.

Art

From the reports that have come out of Lloyd's customers I would be hard pressed to argue with HH n Roy. We down here in Virginia have a lot of guide services but we have few lodges. You will usually have to use a hotel ($$$) plus a guide ($$$)both are expensive but they are needed to have a great trip. If it is something that you would like to go for I suggest you think Saltwater the fish varieties are huge and it is something that Canada can not offer easily.

Art

That is something we have considered, but we don't really like big water, a couple of us are very prone to sea sickness, even with the patch and Gravol and all that. We wouldn't mind a guide for the first day, but for the rest of the week we'd probably want our own boat, just a bunch of old friends shooting the crap and just having a good time and relaxing, you know?

We had a buddy of ours that gets sick every time we go fishin on big water so we make him eat anchovies the night before. :rofl2:

Seriously though you can also check for a medication called (promethazine) it is an antinausea

drug that your doctor can prescribe it also has other medical value and a search will give you the precautions to see if it is for you.

Art

My first thought was north, like somewhere on Nipissing for big pike and eyes, but I have to say Roy's idea is a darn fine one. I've been on Lloyd's boat in the fall, and Roy is NOT exaggerating....totally worth looking into.

I should mention I'm in Ottawa.

If i lived in Ottawa, at that time, i would look at musky fishing on the Ottawa/St.Lawrence. Quite a few guides in area, like Marc Thorpe.

Also going down the Petawawa River from L. Travers To McManus L., in Algonquin Park, rocks in the fall.Good musky,bass,walleye,channel cat fishing :Gonefishing:

Even an excursion to Bay of Quinte is not too far away. :thumbsup_anim:

Hey guys, me and a few friends usually go to a lodge for a week every summer, but a couple of them had problems getting time off this year and we won't all have a week off until mid-October. We had originally wanted to do our first fly-in this year, but now we're thinking it's going to be freezing at that time in Northern Ontario. What are our other options? Maybe somewhere in the U.S.? I've been trying to do some research but it seems like there's not too many areas like Ontario with lodges and boat rentals, etc. We definitely want to fish out of boats. We're willing to make a pretty long drive or maybe fly. Thanks in advance!

This is where I will be, hope the fishing is good! lol

http://www.bahiaprincipeusa.com/en/Hotels-Of-Bahia-Principe/Hotels-Of-Bahia-Principe-In-Samana/Hotel-Gran-Bahia-Principe-Cayo-Levantado/Multimedia-Gallery/index.htm