Hot Action Lake Ontario

Fishmaster

What a day on Lake Ontario yesterday fishing is very hot right now ...fished 130 to 180 fow 55ft and 105 ft on the riggers with Moonshine spoons and big dipsy with wire #2 setting 180 back with Spin Doctors and Flies ..had close to 50 hits landed 35 all King Bows & Coho's had 5 double headers and at one time we had 6 fish on at once ...all i can say is Wow what a day ...

P1010024.jpg

P1010023.jpg

P1010022.jpg

P1010021.jpg

P1010018.jpg

P1010025.jpg

cant wait till the limit is 2 bows in lake ontario.. at the rate i see them comming out of the lake i can see why our rainbow run is going in the toilet 26 fish is a good kill for 5 guys...

There is only 5 Bows in this Picture the rest are kings and cohos ...I released lots Steelhead ...I dont think you will see a 2 fish limit and Lake Ont is a put and take fishery ...and im sure the river guys take more then these guys would ever take outa the lake fishing once a year ... :worthy:

26 fish just seems excessive to me.....but what do I know??

whats the eating guide for fish say about lake O now?? anyone know??

people thats not alot of fish ...gota remeber guys these people only fish once a year ...so i think 5 fish for a full year is not bad ....Lake Ontario fish are good to eat...

people thats not alot of fish ...gota remeber guys these people only fish once a year ...so i think 5 fish for a full year is not bad ....Lake Ontario fish are good to eat...

if its once a year, I can understand that.

they may be good to eat, but are they good for you to eat? debate amongst yourselves, I would never do so, but that's just me.

Nice day on the water

Guest Johnny Bass

WOW! What a great day! I guess these guys pay decent coin for a charter and 5 fish each is not that bad. Especially when most of them were Salmon.

its coming the mnr is going to open up the "cold Water fishery" to discussions.. i would love for them to have a limit of 10 salmon and keep the rainbows to 2 . that said . been out many a time you either fish for rainbows or salmon. find the right temp and hold steady . i have witness to many rainbows being killed in port hope area. just for the sake of charter boats saying they caught fish... to each there own .. but when the limit comes . dont complain

MY GOD. I WISH THE BOW HUGGERS WOULD GET A LIFE. THEY ARE A FISH THAT EVRYONE HAS A RIGHT TO KEEP OR RELEASE. I THINK WE LIVE IN A FREE COUNTRY WHERE A PERSON HAS A CHOICE WHAT THEY WANT TO DO. THE FISH ARE PUT IN THE LAKE FOR PEOPLE TO ENJOY HOW EVER THEY WANT. DO NOT TRY TO TELL OTHER WHAT TO DO!!!

NOW GREAT PICS AND GREAT CATCH.

DONT LET THE FISH HUGGERS GET TO YOU

Edited by fishhunter

Yes, everyone has a right to their opinion. This is however a fishing community. No one enjoys being harassed every time they take the time to post a report. If you don't like the catch limits, have them changed. Don't come on here belly aching about seeing pictures of fish on a fishing board.

Please keep this in mind the next time you post.

Yes, everyone has a right to their opinion. This is however a fishing community. No one enjoys being harassed every time they take the time to post a report. If you don't like the catch limits, have them changed. Don't come on here belly aching about seeing pictures of fish on a fishing board.

One of the main reasons many of us no longer bother to post fishing reports anymore Roy. Far too many "experts" around here who seem to take pleasure in screwing up fishing stories.

Just like this one, Steve always puts up excellent reports with very detailed descriptions as the where the fish are, what depth and even the best baits to use, yet some folks still try to ruin this post.

:thumbsup_anim::clapping:

I am sooooooo sick of seeing people getting beat up for posting pics of fish they have kept.

Going out with Vinnimon, Spincast and Lloyd on Saturday. Darn right I'm going to keep a few for the smoker and a fresh fish dinner!!!