Fishing with my son

I have not been able to get out fishing at all this year. However had a couple hours today so my son Carter and I went down to a local creek for some fishing fun.

Carter asked me this question when we first started casting out. "Daddy, do you know what I love about fishing?" I asked what is that buddy. He said "that i get to be with you!!!!" Ok so talk about melt your heart kind of moment.

Here he is ready to catch some fish.

100_0286-1.jpg

Now here he is working the little plastic craw dad in the water.

100_0285-1.jpg

Click for video below,

th_fishing16milejune26th2010.jpg

When he says we have to cut the fish, it is because I was getting a little fishing tackle box ready at home this morning and he was asking about the sword(fillet knife) in my fishing tackle box. I told him that is for when we eat the fish we catch. Pretty cute how he tries to flip it back in the water haha

Sorry we did not actually get a good pic of the fish. you catch a glimpse of it on the video. Little rocky. Bad camera man i know!

Here is Carter doing his happy dance after we let the fish back in the water.

100_0289-1.jpg

After on the way home. I asked him what his favorite thing about fishing is, expecting to get the same answer before about being with you daddy.... He said "catching fish Daddy" Haha oh well that is kids for you!

We had a great couple hours before the rain started to fall.

Cheers!

"Daddy, do you know what I love about fishing?" I asked what is that buddy. He said "that i get to be with you!!!!"

That's what it's all about, right there !!

Too bad you can't frame that and hang it on the wall.

What a great post! I live for when my son says stuff like that.

The other day we were playing catch on the baseball diamond near the house. While taking a break sitting on one of the dugout benches he says "This would be a good place to come if we just wanted to have a private chat, hey Dad?" The next day he telling me that he wishes he had different parents!!!!

I love when we lay around and plan fishing trips though, that may be our favourite time together.

Like I said, A great post. Thanks for taking the time to share your time with your boy.

Jim

Pretty Special for sure!

On my answering machine at work there is a message from my youngest son that I have saved from 9 years ago. Mind you every 21 days I need to archive it again but I just can't bring myself to deleting it. All he is doing is telling me about seeing two robins in the back yard and their bellies being big and full....and then he says "I love you Mom" in that little Angel voice...and then makes a kissing sound. I'm going to wait a few more years and let him listen to it - or maybe sooner if he keeps giving me attitude. ;)

I am blessed with two great sons.