Walleye fishing Musky

GbayGiant

I was talking to my neighbor that owns a lodge/guide service and the local bait shop and he had this pic. The fish was caught walleye fishing here on the bay, he says it's the biggest fish hes seen in the 40+ years hes fished and operated on the bay. I wish there were some more pics to see the whole fish, but it was a accidental catch and released quickly, I don't want to speculate on the size but will be looking for the little girl this year. :whistling:

gallery_322_145_6853.jpg

Is it just me or do Walleye fisherman catch the biggest musky ? :lol:

Bly don't be surprised if you pull one in on that little shore spot you have one day. :D

My first 2 muskies ever were both caught on worm-harnesses fishing walleye, that's what got me started.

And the Canadian record (the real world record IMO) caught by Ken O'brian was caught walleye trolling with a little rapala.

gallery_322_145_23242.jpg

Edited by GbayGiant

yes, walleye fisherman catch the biggest skis.

what a brute!!

i am not sure if this is the same fish or not, but there was another biggun caught in the same area a couple of years ago in the spring. i think it was posted on andy's site.

I've herd many stories of huge muskies in the spring and fall, if you go to local tackle shops along Hwy #69 they have some pictures of fish you never see on the net that are just huge like this one but they are caught by guys that don't really musky fish and have no need to weigh or measure the fish but I bet they start musky fishing after a nice ski...lol.

It just makes me wonder how big they get in the bay, I don't think 70lbs + is out of the question, there's so much water that probably hasn't even been fished and the musky fishing pressure is low but it's getting more popular every year so I think something huge will turn up soon.

If you want to see huge GBay Ski's, visit Cookstown Autowreckers. The owner Johnny and his son have some monsters in there that were all caught in the basin.

If memory serves me, there is a 54 lb Ski, another around 50, a Pike in the high 30's and some monster Bass and Walleye. The 54 pounder was caught by his son at the age of 12 in late November!

2 years ago My Pops hooked a MONSTER musky in G-bay...fishing for Pickeral

But My dad had no chance of landing it...6lb test, on a 2" Rapala

Classic story LOL

He thought he snagged the bottom...

Then it did a wicked head shake and jumped...errr..."Flopped" twice right close to the boat, and then

Luckily the beast spit him out, rather then snap him off.

But I swear on all that is holy...

That fish would have been "close enough" to contimplate a run to the post office...

Edited by Cookslav

John I have seen that picture before on a web site but can`t remember which one. GB has some big skis, maybe not the numbers of some other waters, but some hawgs swimming there.

Seems like every year here somebody fishing for walleye catches a good one here on one of the inland lakes. A numbers thing, more people fishing for walleye than skis, and skis seem to eat everything.

Nice fish.

Muskie are one of the reasons I went barbless. I fish with lighter tackle for pike, walleye and bass and at least one muskie has snapped off my tackle and I worried endlessly she would never be able to spit the hooks so I figured I'd at least give the next one a fighting change.

I've herd many stories of huge muskies in the spring and fall, if you go to local tackle shops along Hwy #69 they have some pictures of fish you never see on the net that are just huge like this one but they are caught by guys that don't really musky fish and have no need to weigh or measure the fish but I bet they start musky fishing after a nice ski...lol.

It just makes me wonder how big they get in the bay, I don't think 70lbs + is out of the question, there's so much water that probably hasn't even been fished and the musky fishing pressure is low but it's getting more popular every year so I think something huge will turn up soon.

Maybe on one of those bucktails in your signature. Let's see..... hmmm....... you could call it the "GbayGiant"!

It's funny but, pickeral fisherman catch the biggest Musky and Musky guys catch the biggest Pickeral! How many musky guys trolling around looking for that elusive trophy, end up catching a double digit Pickeral or even a huge Bass? It happens all the time!

HH

I've caught my 3 or 4 largest muskies on 3 inch jig/grub combo while walleye fishing.

Had even bigger muskies i couldn't bring in while fishing for pickerel.

Some of my largest bass have hit musky bucktails.

This is one of my largest Kawartha walleyes which was caught trolling big jointed musky lure.

F1000007.jpg

ehg