Fishing with the family

msp

Got out last week with family to Nanas and Papas house. A few hours of fishing each morning with my old man and perching off the dock with the kids kept everybody happy. Papa bought a new boat that needed to be tested out on the walleye grounds. The bite was pretty good. I prefer to fish weed walleye and I caught them the way I like to catch em. ( jerk baits,bucktails and grubs in the weeds ) Here are a few pics. Enjoy!

IMG_0296-1.jpg

IMG_0299.jpg

IMG_0333.jpg

IMG_0316.jpg

IMG_0303.jpg

IMG_0317.jpg

IMG_0326.jpg

IMG_0328.jpg

IMG_0329.jpg

Great report and wonderful to see the kids with smiles on their faces.

How do you fish cranks through the weeds? I know that buck tails and grubs/jig heads rip through alright, but how do multi-hooked cranks do?

Thanks,

Jim

Great report and wonderful to see the kids with smiles on their faces.

How do you fish cranks through the weeds? I know that buck tails and grubs/jig heads rip through alright, but how do multi-hooked cranks do?

Thanks,

Jim

My favorite lure is a jerkbait because it seems to so versitile and it catches everything. However, it can be pretty tough in the thick weeds. I will throw jerkbaits along the edges and around sparse weeds. I always use braided line to help rip the bait out of the weeds. I also find that a jerkbait like a husky jerk or a rogue performs better in the weeds as opposed to a slashbait like the X-rap because it has less of a side to side action. It can be frustrating at times but the rewards can be great.

Thanks for all the kind words guys.

Hey Riverfisher22...... they are rain bibs

Edited by msp

Guest Johnny Bass

WOW! Some very impressive fish! I take it they were caught way up north? Your dad looks a bit like John Goodman.