Long Weekend

danbouck

I'm heading down to the cottage in Long Point after I sneak away from work on Friday (hopefully around 10am :D) . Hopefully I can catch some pike but will probably only be able to get out for a few hours every morning. My oldest will probably school me again fishing for bluegill :lol:

I also have to build one of these on the deck

Pergola.jpg

What's everyone's plans?

Went out on the Ottawa River yesterday for Northerns. Man was it hot out. We trolled about 4 miles of shoreline and the bite was slow. We went four for six. four hammer handles and the two nicest fish were both lost halfway to the boat. Took my buddy from Victoria out, he hasnt caught a northern since we were kids. Even though he lost both big fish it was nice to see him get all excited. So we are going to try on the weekend again but in a different area. We were slow trolling 8 to 10 inch suckers under floats. And man the water is low some of the shoreline is hard to recognize because it looks so different with all the rocks that are showing everywhere. Managed to remember to put sunscreen on before we left but I forgot to do my toes and burnt them (was wearing sandles). Be very careful out there, I saw rocks yesterday that I never new were there. One in particular that was in 16 fow and a foot below the surface and the size of a house. Thank god I was on the electric. Hopefully will have some pics to post on monday. Have a great long weekend everyone and be CAREFUL out there.

Yup; heading down to Long Point Bay as well; close up the shop Friday afternoon and I’m gone.

We’re on the other side of the bay, close to Turkey Point; just outside Normandale at Hidden Valley campground.

I plan on sitting on the deck, at the trailer all weekend; feet up, drink in hand. It’ll take a tow truck to winch butt out of the chair, or possibly an empty highball glass and the wife’s not there to pour me another.

Have fun people.

Dan.

The wife and I are off to Charlotte North Carolina to see the Nascar All Star race this Saturday... then I will be fishing Lake Norman during the week and will return to the track the next weekend to take in the 600 miler... should be a great week.

Off to Bracebridge for our 18th annual Pike extravaganza with the boys tomorrow morning and then to Honey Harbour to the trailer for the rest of the weekend and hopefully catch a couple of 'eyes to grace the pan.