boats

first of all hello guys its been a long time for me.. ive been working out of town and now am back home..irish thanks for the concern and no i did not drown in diamond...i can't believe that its may 10th and my boat still has not seen lake water unless you count the wataer that comes from the hose.. last year my boat saw more rain water than lake water.. i plan to change that this year.. anyone else have this same problem.. work is the culprit for me..to much of it makes for less fishing..boat015.jpg

just got my boat out of storage. Hope to get out once in May to warm it up, 3 times in June, and hopefully more each month after that but its not looking too good. Same issues...work, wife and 4 young'uns keeping me close to shore

Boo friggin Hoooo Rob! I might make it out by mid June.... :wallbash:

I had mine out of the hangar today... but only to get customers airplanes out and rearranged. I didn't even get mine covered this winter.. Muskie rods are still leaning against the windshield from the last December outing.

boatrebel.jpg

rebels.jpg

Edited by irishfield

Mine is still in storage.

Step 1: Move 80 sheets of drywall and a bunch of other stuff in the garage.

Step 2: Go get the boat.

Step 3 through 47: Drill and tap holes for mounting aluminium floor. Finish vinyl flooring on said floor. Design a casting deck. Build said casting deck. Run new fuel lines from new bow mounted under deck tank. Save up money to fill tank. Install the casting deck and cover in vinyl. Mount new seat base. Mount planer mast. Install 2x12v batts with Minn Kota plugs. Install on board charger. Design and build new removable rear casting deck. Stop for lunch. Install mount and wiring for LMS522 on bow and dash. Talk the wife into a new Terrova, get shot down. Install new guages. Reinstall VHF. Consider installing AM/FM/XM Radio and antenna. Bother the wife about the Terrova again. Rewire downriggers. Build motor well splash guards and install more rod holders. Whine about the Terrova until the wife says "OMG, just get it, you're driving me nuts". Stop for dinner. Install Terrova.

It's going to be a long day.

My boats sitting here in the garage and has been rigged & ready to go for weeks but until this week there's been nothing open that I have any interest in fishing for.

I think I'll probably hit Clear Lake on Thursday and give the boat it's 1st good run of the year then do some trolling for pickeral for a few hours.

I added a VHF to the boat a couple weeks back just in case I run into problems on the bigger waters that I frequent thru the year. I'll be on Nipissing for 2-3 weeks this year, plus the Ottawa & St. Lawrence Rivers.

Hopefully I won't ever need it.

Cnv0554.jpg

that skeeter looks awesome lew if you dont have it you cant use it

That was exactly my reasoning too, it's like a fire extinguisher, their good to have but hopefully we never have to use them.

so im not the only one..makes me feel a whole lot better..i can't wait to be on the boat and smelling that fresh air..i will be in temagami on may 29th week had some guys bail out so we are 3 to a huge cabin. if there is anyone out there who would like to come we have room for 2 more guys cost you abot $150-180 for the week and some good times plus good fishing spots..well not all of them but most..lol....you would need to have your own boat.. we would be five guys in total and cottage takes 6 so lots of room..any takers let me know..if may 28th is to hard then i can still change date to june 6th week..

I've spent the past few nights working on the stereo and associated wiring along with the spaghetti under the dash. 4 new speakers, a new deck (I didn't bother hooking up the amp, it'd be overkill), 2 new holes for said speakers along with wiring, next is re-wiring the fishfinder (I may just yet buy a new one) and general cleanup. Also, there was 6 inches of water in the bilge from all the rain we had that had to be drained out, raising the boat, cleaning the plug hole out, breaking out the shopvac to suck up the remainder in the carpet.... Then I have to fix my wonky tach...... Nevermind the day I spent washing it down and waxing it. I get razzed by the neighbours but they are all just jealous of me sitting up in the boat in my driveway listening to tunes now having a cold beverage of my choice. I figure it is just about the only safe place to have a beer in the boat.