Lake Ontario Report - Walleye

Bly

Well, with lots of members out on the BOQ this weekend, it motivated my husband (ccmtcanada) and I to head back to Lake O to do some shore fishing. It was cold, snowy (yes...I said snow), but thankfully the wind wasn't too bad. After seeing some big eyes surfacing near the shore, we had high hopes for tonight. About 1/2 hour into the night, I landed this 11lb, 30" Walleye!!! It was well fed with a girth of 17". Hope you like the pic! BTW, I had ccmtcanada remove my face from the picture because, well, I looked like a deer caught in the headlights...I actually felt pretty exhausted and you dont want to see my ulgy mug anyways! :D

gallery_137_78_3487.jpg

Wow!

Quite the dinamic duo.

How late into the night were you out?

We left there at around 930pm. It had been pretty quiet for about a half hour, after seeing lots of them nearby. I had 2 hits and one spit hook for the night....so they were pretty active tonight.

Very nicely done. What was it caught on?

My husband (ccmtcanada) aka smarta$$, said to post that I caught it on a hook :P ......in truth I decided to use my wally diver as I have been fishless for so long and it worked!

Well, with lots of members out on the BOQ this weekend, it motivated my husband (ccmtcanada) and I to head back to Lake O to do some shore fishing. It was cold, snowy (yes...I said snow), but thankfully the wind wasn't too bad. After seeing some big eyes surfacing near the shore, we had high hopes for tonight. About 1/2 hour into the night, I landed this 11lb, 30" Walleye!!! It was well fed with a girth of 17". Hope you like the pic! BTW, I had ccmtcanada remove my face from the picture because, well, I looked like a deer caught in the headlights...I actually felt pretty exhausted and you dont want to see my ulgy mug anyways! :D

gallery_137_78_3487.jpg

Excellent Walleye and report!!!... and I'm sure there are much uglier mugs on this board than yours, if you're shy... just hold the fish up in front of your face like joonmoon does when he's the "unknown" angler. ;)

Excellent Walleye and report!!!... and I'm sure there are much uglier mugs on this board than yours, if you're shy... just hold the fish up in front of your face like joonmoon does when he's the "unknown" angler. ;)

Thank you! Normally I am not shy but it truely is an awful picture of me, I'll have to remember your tip for the next one..just in case :)

:thumbsup_anim: That is a beauty walleye Blyght!! And I know what you mean about the cold, I cannot wait until late spring fishing again, for now I am home bound, watching everyone else catch fish, too cold for this gal.LOL :D

Thanks! I don't really mind the cold as long as I am prepared for it and somedays it is the only "quiet time" I get :)

Great walleye! :thumbsup_anim:

Heard some rumblings that western L.Ontario could be a future walleye hotspot,

you guys are showing some proof. Very, very few people fish for walleye down that way.

Thanks for posting,

ehg

Great walleye! :thumbsup_anim:

Heard some rumblings that western L.Ontario could be a future walleye hotspot,

you guys are showing some proof. Very, very few people fish for walleye down that way.

Thanks for posting,

ehg

Your welcome and shhhhh! :lol:

Wow, are the Eyes in by the tribs or just shore in particular right now?

Nice Wally!

Thank you :) I don't know if they are by the tribs, the fishing Gods just tease me every few weeks with a good fish from shore.

very nice fish,what general area were you fishing,i dont want to know your spot just a rough area,we have caught walleye in whitby harbour as well as oshawa harbour and frenchmans bay they will spawn there in the spring so yes there is walleye around also toronto harbour and around the islands too

very nice fish,what general area were you fishing,i dont want to know your spot just a rough area,we have caught walleye in whitby harbour as well as oshawa harbour and frenchmans bay they will spawn there in the spring so yes there is walleye around also toronto harbour and around the islands too

And the answer is yes.....haha. There was this wet stuff all around...I think it was water (shhhhhhhhhhhhh!)