Fishmasters, Friends, and cats.

Big Cliff

Well, yesterday was the day we had been waiting for, John, Jose, Steve and myself had booked a day with Fishmaster to see if we could tie into some of those big girls.

My day started early. 1:45 am I'm awake and too excited to go back to sleep. I don't like to keep anyone waiting and I had planned to pick Steve up at 5:00, it's just over an hour drive to his place and I don't ever like to be late so 3:15 and I have tripple checked everything and I headed out.

4:30 am and I am at Steve's door, worked out well, we had time to make a coffee for the road, get packed up and we were on the road by 4:50.

6:00 am we pull into John's drive way, say our hellows and head off for breakfast then down to Fishmasters for 8:00.

The weatherman had been calling for rain, a chance of thunder showers and winds to 35k for the day so we were a bit aprenhensive about how the day might go but the sky was fairly clear and the winds were not too bad at all.

Well, it didn't take very long and it was "fish on". It sure was a good start to the day, two more followed in fairly quick succession then a lul. We kept getting hits but the bite was lite and they were being fussy. it took a while but then fish four was finally landed.

Fishmaster tried a variety of baits and a few different spots, hits were frequent, then three more fish in fairly quick sucession, a lot more bites and finally fish eight got landed.

The winds had picked up a bit making it hard to hold the boat still but the rain held off until we finally pulled anchor and headed back to the marina.

All in all a wonderful day with fantastic friends, 8 cats with the biggest probably being 15-17 lbs and some more memories.

Good food, friends, and fishing, what better way is there to spend a Friday.

Here are the two photo's I got on my phone camera Cliff. As you said awesome day where the weather held until we got off the water.

Thanks to Steve (Fishmaster) for a great day as always.

Another great day with OFC friends..

Cat2.jpg

Cat1.jpg

Sounds like a good day on the lower Grand with some quality fish to boot.Good that the weather held for yahs. Thinking maybe your guide would have broke out the scale on some of those seeing as it takes a 17lber to be entered into the derby or if it was a PB i'd like to know the weight... imho

What a great day with a great group of guys!

Thanks for coming out again this year...

I look forward to seeing you again soon!

Hey Cliff, sorry no pics of you, but I would like to hear how that smoked

channel cat jerky turns out... Nothing can be better than your venison jerky... mmmmm

Keep well

Steve

IMG00342.jpg

IMG00340.jpg

IMG00338.jpg

My first channels....another species off my bucket list :clapping: Had a GREAT day. Steve worked to put us on fish...moving 3 times and trying several bait combinations to try and find the "magic bullet"

Always a pleasure getting out with you Cliff and nice to meet Josie..sp? and John.

Steve's deck hands carved up the smaller cats we kept in record time.Cliff, I hope your cat jerky turns out for you. I wholeheartedly volunteer to be a taste tester :thumbsup_anim:

Steve you are in a nice area and run a good business. I wish you every success. Good day and great company. A well spent Friday off work.

Thx all for a good day on the water.

Edited by crappieperchhunter

Sounds like a good day on the lower Grand with some quality fish to boot.Good that the weather held for yahs. Thinking maybe your guide would have broke out the scale on some of those seeing as it takes a 17lber to be entered into the derby or if it was a PB i'd like to know the weight... imho

It was a great day with quality fish, "our guide" knows his business well and all 3 big one's fell short of what it would take.Just an FYI, there has already been a 20+ pounder over the scales. Unless we were close to that, no point IMHO to weigh anything!

Edited by John