Anudder storm!

bigfish1965

yup...40cms (snow) for us on Friday. I feel like I'm living in the Old Testament....

Darn it all, could all of ya's down there collectively take a BIG BREATH, and blow out hard, and send it up here, please.

I am not kidding, we need it badly, despite having to shovel it.

Oh, I cannot wait until the summer gets here, I am tired of dressing in layers of clothing and sitting in this house, day after day. :angry:

I totally agree with you fishergirl.

I can't wait for all the females to start peeling off their clothes. :thumbsup_anim:

This one should be a DOOZIE!!!

..Freezing rain and ice pellets on Thursday..

This is a warning that an extended period of freezing rain is imminent or occurring in these regions. Monitor weather conditions..Listen for updated statements.

An intensifying disturbance over Kansas is tracking slowly northeastwards tonight and will head towards Iowa on Thursday. This developing storm will tap a surge of warm moist air from the gulf of Mexico which will set the stage for an appreciable wintery mix of precipitation to affect the Great Lakes basin.

It will begin overnight in southwestern Ontario initially in the form of snow and ice pellets but quickly change to freezing rain Thursday morning. This weather transition will spread across much of southern Ontario during the day Thursday with a few centimetres of snow and ice pellets followed by a period of freezing rain. The freezing rain will change to rain in southwestern Ontario to Niagara but persist in regions east of Lake Huron and areas north of Lake Ontario.

The greatest impacts with this storm are expected to be any type of travel..Due to icing as well as poor road conditions from dense snow and ice pellets compounded with freezing rain. Freezing rain amounts of 5 to 10 mm are likely in some areas. Strong easterly winds of 40 to 70 km/h will magnify the freezing rain problem since ice accretion on trees may bring down limbs and some power lines.

Significant amounts of snow are expected to develop Thursday evening for regions near the Ottawa Valley and continue Friday. Considerable blowing and drifting snow is also likely due to the increasing winds over northern and eastern areas Thursday night where only snow is falling.

This is a potentially significant winter storm which will affect a broad corridor of the province. Environment Canada will monitor this situation closely and these watches and warnings may be altered as the situation develops.

Gerritt.

I totally agree with you fishergirl.

I can't wait for all the females to start peeling off their clothes. :thumbsup_anim:

yes I cannot wait until I can wear my tank tops, hip hugger jeans, short, bathing suit ,etc again without the coats on! I will be one happy camper when I can pull out all of my semi clothing out of the box again and do some new clothes shopping.LOL :w00t::thumbsup_anim:

Edited by fishergirl72

If it was me PF, I'd be bunking in right where you are for tonight.

The snow is sposed to hit the GTA around noon and then freezing rain starting this evening.

No sense travelling thru that crap if you don't need to.....stay safe.

Our group is leaving Oakville at 2:30pm for Temagami today, I really hope we can stay ahead of this mess. <_<

By the looks of the radar estimation at Intellicast ( http://www.intellicast.com/IcastPage/LoadP...mp;prodnav=none), it will be reaching Hamilton area around 3:00pm moving eastwards from there. We may just be in luck!

Tony