A Big Thanks To Spiel!

solopaddler

In case anyone doesn't know Spiel is an outstanding custom rod builder.

He recently built 2 sticks for me and I wanted to share the results with you guys.

Both are 7' 1 piece rods built on Rainshadow XST blanks.

One is a baitcaster rated 12-25lb's, the other is a spinning rod rated 10-17lb's.

They'll both be put to good use in June on the Attawapiskat. :)

The blanks themselves are gorgeous. Batson calls the finish "titanium chrome". It's kind of satin gray blank, just beautiful.

They're incredibly light as well. Right on par with Loomis GLX or the high end St. Croix's.

Wraps on both are dark gray with metallic copper trim. My pictures don't really do justice to how nice they really look.

Fuji SIC guides on both, simple but very functional handles...I couldn't be happier with the final product.

Once again thanks Chris!

(Sunday afternoon good to pick up the float rod I just dropped off? :lol: )

RainshadowXST002.jpg

RainshadowXST003.jpg

RainshadowXST004.jpg

RainshadowXST011.jpg

RainshadowXST012.jpg

RainshadowXST013.jpg

Nice twigs Solopaddler. Those Rainshadow blanks are sweet from what I have heard. That is what I am going use on my first builds for myself. Probably not the RX8's though. IM6 blanks for my first few builds incase I mess them up. I'm curious to know how they work for you, can you keep us updated? Nice work Speil, really nice.

Didn't think I'd ever hear Spiel and excellent work in the same sentence! :rolleyes:

Nah just kidding, I have seen some of his work, unreal on what this guy can do. If you got any mosquitoes from his place, be careful on swatting them, you just might get a hook in your hand too!

You got some special talents Spiel, glad to see you using them wisely!

Cheers, Ron...

Careful of the backgrounds on those pics, dude. You might have a million guys in your livingro..uh..at the neighborhood Walmart trying to use your rods! All on your own, you could completely decimate their stock!!! :rofl2:

Obviously just kidding. Those blanks look awesome. Almost as awesome as the workmanship on the final, useable product.

p.-

I have 4 Spiel rods...best rods I own. Two muskie rods and two walleye rods. I should have another in June. Chris is a top notch dude to deal with too! If someone is not quite sure what they want, he'll walk them through it. So yes....Spiel is the man if you want something special.

Nice twigs Solo, I plan on using Rainshadow blanks for my first few builds. Not the RX8 blanks though. RX6 for me because there way cheaper incase I mess them up. Just curious how they work out for you. Can you give us an update on there action when you break them in? Nice work Speil, very nice.

Very nice.

When I grow up and get some $ I will get one or two of those.

On a side note. My newer spinning rods have got a different kind of hook keeper near the handle that can be used with drop shot setups. They hold the weight there. I really find that very useful.

(Sunday afternoon good to pick up the float rod I just dropped off? :lol: )

Sunday, how bout tomorrow, it's done. thumbsup_anim.gif

Not only does he build rods he fixes them also, Chris recently replaced a cracked guide on my fly rod and matched everything perfectly - sign of a true craftsman, great guy to visit also.

Dan

Than you kindly Dan, I'm glad your happy with the repair. Drop by anytime. :)

Where is mine????? :dunno: You showed me Roys the other day, he's got 4 of yours all ready. He's not going to miss that one. I'll give you cash $15.00 under the table. Just don't tell Roy. He won't mind. :w00t::w00t::w00t:

Roy, you lucky guy, nice stick :good:

I can do that Fish Farmer, you'll just have to work out the balance owing with Roy....at Lakair! No excuses. whistling.gif