Ads In Threads.

Moosebunk

Sorry Roy... but it's still driving me nuts bud.

Since the changes to OFC I have used several different computers (home and away) and they're all getting the same crap. What the problem is, is that I'll open some bigger topic threads such as other peoples (and my own old) reports and find annoying advertisements destroying them.

ie., ads will pop up right in the middle of text anywhere in the persons post. Or, ads will cut photos in half. Or, ads will block me from seeing photos. There is almost always an ad placed as the first reply to a topic as well. They're not pop-up ads either, they're cut right into the post much like someone's reply.

I am very curious to know if others are seeing these ads in this way as well? Are they even showing up on your screens at home or work? And if so, why the devil hasn't anyone else spoken up about them before? They're Bull.

Rick... TJ... anyone.... is this something new this site has implemented? Are you still working out some kinks? Will they go away?

Edited by Moosebunk

I logged out and viewed as a guest and got ads

but if I log back in , no ads....except classified section..

Terry... I hadn't noticed that. You've totally pinned it.

Just checked Solo's, Aaron's and a couple of my old reports and it didn't do it while logged in.

I also get them if I'm logged out MB, but they just appear as a normal reply and don't interfere with the post or block pictures at all.

The ad I see in this post is for improving your golf swing :dunno:

Terry... I hadn't noticed that. You've totally pinned it.

Just checked Solo's, Aaron's and a couple of my old reports and it didn't do it while logged in.

Checking logged out it does. This morning not so many ads... but they've been worse then better at different times. Guests see them..... kinda sucks cause like I said, sometimes they're in the way of photos and text, and those guests are people like my parents maybe.

Been out of town nearly 4 weeks. Hope to see how it is on the home computer this week.

The ad I see in this post is for improving your golf swing :dunno:

Yeah, I've been seeing that one too Lew... comes up as the first reply in every thread. Through the night I was looking at posts though where it was some Fitness add that cut right through a scenic photo in my old Arctic Report, and was in another report too. And also, a Couples add in either that post or some other one... right in the middle of a report.

If it's spam for guests so be it. But like I say, it's sad that it ruins posts for those guests of yours. ;)

I've spent a few hours on the board this weekend and haven.t seen a single one but years ago they were everywhere. It may be that I've blocked them ... but maybe you've downloaded some spyware or adware. Run a diagnostic. I use AVG antivirus. Maybe someone else has another adware checker they can recommend.

I am using mozilla with no issues. The only add I get is in the header and if I am not logged in then the 2nd post is an ad. You can P.M. Rick with the info on your computer so he can see what the issue is.

Art

Checking logged out it does. This morning not so many ads... but they've been worse then better at different times. Guests see them..... kinda sucks cause like I said, sometimes they're in the way of photos and text, and those guests are people like my parents maybe.

Been out of town nearly 4 weeks. Hope to see how it is on the home computer this week.

It's not too often I see someone quote themselves... :dunno:

BTW no adds on my end at anytime.

Bob

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry I didn't get this to everyone sooner. yes if you are not logged in as a member there are additional ads in the threads. WE figure that if your lurking and at least not registered, looking at a few more ads is the least they can do.

The ads aren't so bad after all they pay the bills for the cool updates and all of the internet fees we enjoy for free. Besides I found a few products that I wanted from opening a couple of them.

Art